North Oxford Blat to Castle Combe - 21st March 2015. NOW CANCELLED

KugaWestie

The next event on the North Oxon Calendar is the Run to Castle Combe to support the WSCC Speed Series competitors, and take in some sprinting. This was a successful blat last year, so we will follow the same format.

• It is free to get into the track.
  • On site is Merlin Motorsports as well for a good peruse of their shop.
  • A decent breakfast can be found in the onsite café.
  • Runs consist of 1.75 laps of a 1.8 mile circuit, so each run is over 3 miles (about as long as it gets in Sprints); the venue has its own cafe where food and drink is provided throughout the day, so breakfast through lunch; spectators can tour around pretty well the whole length of the track around its perimeter.

Our planned route is as follows:-

08:00am - Set off from the normal monthly meet venue "The Rock" http://www.therockofgibraltar.co.uk/

08:45am - Stop at the large car park on the Swindon Road just outside Lechlade by the humpback bridge to pick up any additional blatters

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?msid=204904942721478016467.0004f36980962cab61c29&msa=0&gl=uk&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=20&vpsrc=1&iwloc=0004f36980973abdf8146

08:50am - Leave Car park

09:05am - Stop at the Toys R Us Car Park in Swindon to pick up any additional blatters

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?msid=204904942721478016467.0004f3698ded74c3dae91&msa=0&gl=uk&ie=UTF8&ll=51.575809,-1.730454&spn=0.00047,0.001321&t=h&z=20&vpsrc=1&iwloc=0004f3698deec2de8d979

09.15am - Set off for Castle Combe.

10:00am - Arrive at the Circuit

Now I am really hoping we can pick up a few of the Swindon folk en-route, and turn this into a decent club showing at Castle Combe, with a bit of fun blatting on the way.

People can stay as long as they like at the circuit, and drift off whenever they please.

So come on please chaps, let’s make this a decent outing .

Other areas and member are free to join us at any of the above stopping points, including the circuit

Thanks

Gary

Thanks for the invite but my engine us in bits.

Wouldn't worry, I shall probably take the mini... or whatever car is working at the time.

Count me in, just tell me the time 15 minutes or so before it actually is :d

Not been to a Sprint Series event before - but already planned to go to this one - is the sprint run open to anyone in the club?

Wouldn't worry, I shall probably take the mini... or whatever car is working at the time.

Count me in, just tell me the time 15 minutes or so before it actually is :d

Lol - 9am at Toys R Us for you Dom

Don't forget my boots :)

• 2 weeks later...

In the process of sorting a 'West' convoy. Meeting somewhere around M4/M5 interchange if anyone is interested. Got three so far!

I aim to be there, Gary, should have the car back on the road next week sometime.  I'll aim to be at Toys R Us for 0905.

Mike

I aim to be there, Gary, should have the car back on the road next week sometime.  I'll aim to be at Toys R Us for 0905.

Mike

Good work Mike, not sure mine will be back on the road in time after Silverstone!

If anyone from 'the West' wants to co-join a convoy planning to meet up in North Bristol (just off M4/M5) at 0900. PM me for details got at least 3 cars so far.

Good work Mike, not sure mine will be back on the road in time after Silverstone!

I've only just spotted the thread re your Silverstone woes, Gary - I must have missed it having been working the last few weekends.  What a shame and what dreadful timing!  Hope it all gets sorted soon and that minimal blattage time is lost.

The speed he's going at fixing the problem, he should be running with something soon, even if it's not quite the final version!