Target Times 2015

Nick Algar - Competition Secretary

Martin ... you beat Lee!!!!! :d

Martin ... you gonna beat Lee on Sunday!!!!! :d

Fixed that for ya John ;)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Bit baffled by the times this year and the explanation doesn't really help me that much (I'm sure it probably makes sense to some). Haven't checked all the previous years results so it may be all as a result of ACW last year but some events have faster targets for E than F, G and H.

Others seem to be unrealistic, Harewood for example, a stripped out car on slicks in F has a target 3/10ths faster than a road going car?

Class F do not run on slicks

Give me a call Andy and I will explain as much as I can

Terry

Terry  Class F is road going not Slicks ?

My megabusa is class F

• 2 months later...

Andy stated that " a stripped out car on slicks in F"!!!!! it confused me!

On average a class E car has slower targets than F, G and H but quicker than A,B,C and D

Individual events can throw up anomalies if a quick drive,r in D or E for example, has recorded a quick time/record

Apologies for my numb fingers on the phone I obviously meant G.

I've been competing for almost 6 years in the Speed Series, and for me, my first and most important target is to beat my previous best time at that venue.

If anyone is going to "beat themselves up" in their first 2 or 3 seasons just because they are not scoring 100 points, then they will get very disillusioned. Remember, the class target time is generally speaking the course record for that venue, so even getting within say 5% of target time is an achievement.

• Like 1

What Mr Herbert said - forget about the target time and concentrate on lines and pace... lower times will ensue...