Success!

Prawnabie

Hi all,

Many of you may know that I failed my IVA on emissions last month. Since then I have replaced and tested many parts on the fuel system (gaskets, MAF sensor, coolant sensor, injectors, O2 sensor, FPR etc etc etc), finishing yesterday with fitting an extra cat into the exhaust link pipe (there is already one in the silencer). My CO at IVA was 0.4% and after testing yesterday it is now down under the limit. 

After running the engine at 2500rpm for 30-40 secs and looking at the live data readout, the CO dropped down to 0.079 and was still dropping - chuffed isn't the word and I will be straight onto VOSA tomorrow to book a retest!

Thanks to everyone who helped, especially those who gave me advice over PM.

Shaun

• Like 1

Congratulations, you just be over the moon! Will you be an all weather user or will she only see dry days?

Excellent news Shaun, nearly there now!

Thanks guys, 

Your right it is a load off my mind, This and a massive disaster at work has consumed my life over the past month or so, I agreed to help someone on here a while back and hopefully now I can get that sorted!

The car has already seen a lot of weather, I got snowed, rained and hailed on yesterday taking it to work and back. I wouldn't go out in inclement weather in it, but i certainly wouldn't be bothered about being caught out in the rain with it.

Shaun

Hi Quinten,

It might not of been the cat, I changed that much stuff! Although I have tested the temp (on a cheap IR thermometer) of the new cat and it is a good 50-60 degrees hotter at the same conditions as I measured the other one at.

Hopefully kidderminster station will be able to fit me in ASAP!