Race Retro - Stoneleigh

tisme

Had a superb day out yesterday at Stoneleigh with my brother - and going by the numbers of "old geezers" (us included :d ) it seems to be very popular with those that remember the sports and racing cars from the 50's, 60's and 70's (I wouldn't have been surprised to see a bunch of Nurses pointing us in the right direction and handing out incontinence pads as we queued for the gents !!  :oops: )

I didn't actually spend much as I think I've just about got everything I need at the moment (nice bacon bap and some wire brushes about it :) ) though my brother went to town on a load of tools and bits and bobs (he was chuffed to bits to find two of those Smiths speedometer brackets - the individuals ones with the rolled ends - cost him all of £2 instead of £9 each from a restoration company).

I had a good chat with Troy from Northampton Motorsport as my Westie is booked in for the first week in March.

I felt really sick when I saw a couple of Brabhams and a listing for a BT21B - I had two in the early 70's and sold both for peanuts (I think) - they're now going for £60k plus  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  Oh well......

Anyway - can't make up my mind which car I'd have from the show - possibly the BRM V16 (1500cc two stage supercharged - 600bhp) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZMPDCNyQxE  or a brand new "retro" Lister Jaguar - superb enginering and that rolled aluminium bodywork was a work of art...

Maybe this time next year Rodney.....

DSCF2936a.JPG

• Like 1