Exhaust silencers. Post a pic please.

TableLeg

On 20/02/2015 at 06:57, JOCKER said:

Here's my Wunoff

photo-6.jpg

photo1-1.jpg

Did this pass the IVA with these brackets on or was it fitted after? I have the same setup, but am worried about the 100mm Sphere test.

Here's an alternative exhaust mounting method in a thread last year that may be worth considering without drilling the bodywork.

Ian, my bracket, I turned inwards, which the guy said was good and as long as you dont have a visible edge by looking at the clamp then you should be fine. Make sure there is a radius on the tailpipe. I turned the bracket square again when I got home.

I'll move them down a bit.

I'm getting confused with the IVA regs. Is this testable inside the gap between the downpipe and the body with the 100mm sphere? I was going to swivel them under the car, but then I thought the 30 degree cone test may come in to effect!

Yes, hence turn then under a bit more. i clamped the clamps tight and then cut any excess thread sticking out too. The lambda has been know to cause issues with the edge of the nut to do it up. On my one, I used a 15mm compression water fitting olive, cut in one point and slipped over and that he was happy with.