Essex 2 wheeled land speed record attempt lecture Weds 18th

Kit Car Electronics

Should be interesting- these guys are nuts

IMechE (Automobile Division) Lecture – Wednesday 18th February

The IMechE Automobile Division (Essex Centre) would like to invite you to our next lecture:

Subject: Motorcycle Land Speed Record (Joint with South Essex Area)

Description: Despite holding the outright land speed record since 1983, the UK has not held the two wheeled version since 1937. Led by ex-racer Alex Macfadzean, a team of experienced volunteer engineers aim to bring the record back to these shores using a gas turbine powered motorcycle streamliner – target speed well in excess of 400mph. The presentation briefly covers the history of the LSR and the technology used by The 52 Express challenger.

Speaker/s: Robin Richardson, The 52 Express (Robin will be assisted by Alex Macfadzean and Roger Ratley who will answer questions after the main presentation.)

Date / Time: Wednesday 18th February 2015 7:30pm

Venue: Holiday Inn - Basildon, Waterfront Walk, Festival Leisure Park, Basildon, SS14 3DG

Further Information, Map & Posters: http://nearyou.imeche.org/near-you/UK/Eastern/Essex-Automobile

The talk is free, open to the public and both members and non-members are welcomed, so please bring along any friends or relatives who may be interested in this topic (no booking required).

For anyone thinking of going I highly reccomend attending these lectures. As an Imeche member myself I've been going along to the Essex automotive lectures at Basildon and Dunton for the last 4 or 5 years and they're always well attended and very informative. Last months for example by mercedes technologies had an exceptional attendance of over 400!!

Sadly I can't make this one but for those of you that go along I'm sure you wont be disappointed.

Details of future events can also be found here :)http://nearyou.imeche.org/docs/default-source/Essex-Automobile/imeche-adec-2013-14-programme.pdf?sfvrsn=10

A great night out, amazing the problems you face trying to put a lynx heliopter engine in a bike.

Great article here covering mist of it:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/motorbikes/10556254/The-400mph-motorbike.html

Would be great if we could maybe get a wscc sticker on it.

Thanks for flagging the event up Mike, will try and round a few more members up for future talks.

• Like 1