I'm Deleted off Youtube!

Doug Dastardly

Evening all,

I've just noticed that a film I made of my westfield build has been deleted off youtube.

It says "This video contains content from SME, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds"

What does this mean?

The only thing I can think of is the music, but everyone uses backing music for their films don't they?

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Doug

Yep, its the music... Someone comes along and claims they own the rights, it gets taken down. Pain in the bum!

You either use no music, royalty free music, do a music swap or get lucky!

Cool, someone from AC/DC must have watched my video :cool:  :laugh:

• Like 2

It's automated unfortunately, Youtube checks the data from the music and tries to match it to something in the databases of various paranoid music publishers, if it finds a match, then it deletes your video.

I used back in black for a stop motion film I did with the kids a few years back - I still think you can find it

But I did another one with a different track and it was almost instantly removed