No Donnington now at Castle Coombe 20th June

GuitarmanUK

It has just been confirmed by Ian Stent of CKC (on the RHOCaR site) that there will be no 2 day show at Donnington this year and that the event will a 1 day show at Castle Coombe as part of a Classic, Kit and Retro day on Saturday 20th June.

http://www.castlecom...kingEventID=862

I quote:

Hi all, Just thought I'd hopefully answer a few questions regarding Donington and Castle Combe...

We have moved the event from Donington to Castle Combe. New date is Saturday June 20th, and it's a one-day event. We are nothing to do with the KitFest event that was proposed last year. We are combining with the long established classic car action day at Castle Combe and the new event is called the Classic, Kit and Retro Action Day. We've moved to Castle Combe for various reasons, but largely because it answers many people's desire to see kit cars in action, rather than only static. At Castle Combe you can get a passenger ride in a manufacturer's demo car, take your own car on circuit, either in one of the organised sessions, or the whole club can join the planned parade lap if you'd prefer something more sedate. This is NOT an event solely aimed at track day enthusiasts. Over 60 classic car clubs attended the event last year, and put on some terrific displays. Various other special displays are planned throughout the day and, although an outside venue, Castle Combe has a great cafe and viewing areas for the track. At the moment I cannot confirm any camping options, but will let you know ASAP. We certainly hope the club will attend and look forward to seeing loads of you there. BTW, kit car drivers will get in free when booked in via the club. We will be providing club organisers with free passes, according to the size of stand booked, and they can distribute these to owners in advance or perhaps on the gate etc. You must however, arrive in your kit car to be able to use the pass! I hope this answers any initial questions and sets your minds at rest. We feel the combination of an event with classic car enthusiasts is a great one for clubs in particular, as it will give you all lots of news cars to look around. Please book any stand space via myself at the usual Complete Kit Car contact details. Cheers... Ian (sorry for the long post!

Great news for us Moonrakers and it nicely fills the southern/southwest kit car show void left by the demise of the Exeter and the still born Malvern shows!

What a shame,I've enjoyed the past few Donington's, and it was (slowly, admittedly) gaining momentum. At a seven hour round trip in a Westfield and mainly motorway at that, for a one day show, it's probably out for me. But its absolutely fantastic to see that something is still going ahead and that it's in an ideal location for the poorly served South West.

I am with Dave on this one, it is too far on boring motorway for a day trip. I was really looking forward to Donnington too.

• Like 1

I think ill decide a bit nearer the time, its a long way but sounds good to me. might even camp for the weekend at a campsite nearby if anyones up for joining us.

I used to really like donnington when it included test cars running on the circuit but it has gone downhill since

What a shame,I've enjoyed the past few Donington's, and it was (slowly, admittedly) gaining momentum. At a seven hour round trip in a Westfield and mainly motorway at that, for a one day show, it's probably out for me. But its absolutely fantastic to see that something is still going ahead and that it's in an ideal location for the poorly served South West.

Agreed so it's a :( and a :) from me.

Yeah sadly, to do with various family issues and the high cost and poor availability, locally of respite care, over nighters are generally out for me. I'll be trying to sort it out for Stoneleligh, so for me it's likely to be an either Stoneleigh or Cadwell, if any, as far as camping goes. 

Great at to see what sounds like a good show serving the SW though!

I think ill decide a bit nearer the time, its a long way but sounds good to me. might even camp for the weekend at a campsite nearby if anyones up for joining us.

Camping is at the circuit at the appropriately named Camp corner! See extract from website below:

Online Booking for Public Admission and Camping Tickets

Purchase admission and camping tickets online hereLike last year, clubs & visitors are welcome to camp at the appropriately named Camp Corner on Friday 19th June. Access from 18.00hrs with permanent toilets and drinking water standpipe available.