Hello to all

Stevec33

Hi everyone im new to the forum and im on the lookout for a westfield, ive had two before one with a 2.1 pinto and another with a vauxhall red top 2.0.

Im looking to buy a car with much more performance as i feel ive been there and done it at the sub 200hp level after owning both my previous cars a fair while and doing many trackdays ect.

I have seen a couple of v8 cars for sale which are both 400+hp and i was wondering if anybody knew the cars ive seen or had any opinions on which would be best. These are the cars ive seen

First one-http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C574842

Second one-

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C460234

Any opinions/info welcome, thanks

:ww: 

You need to be careful with that sort of power - things can so go so wrong so quickly.  You need to check that the car has been properly built in the handling and stopping departments.  Some aren't.

I'd try a Honda 2000S demonstrator from the factory.  Lots of improvements to the chassis and geometry (eg bump steer)  It's very quick and beautifully balamced - 230 odd bhp and heaps of rpm.  It will give you a great reference point.

I hope you find the right car - try lots before you decide and get along to your local meet for some more practical advice.

Hi Steve,

As Martin says above,   there are turbo versions of the S2000 as well to add some extra oomph. Also consider bike engine cars, there are some extreme ones about as well.   The V8's do have a great soundtrack though.

The Honda S2000 engined car is available in normally aspirated at about 230/240 BHP and supercharged for 350 (and higher) bhp.

Unless going much higher, power wise, these kits retain the Honda engine/gearbox virtually as standard, with all the benefits for running costs etc that means. (Don't forget a very highly tuned engine is going to need more workshop time etc.)

That first car has been advertised almost constantly for many, many, many years now. First by the garage that originally built it, and now it would appear it's with another dealer. Make of that what you will, but it's never had the most favourable comments on here by those that have seen it....

Welcome by the way!

Incidentally, there are two fantastic v8 cars for sale on here at the moment, if you fancy the amazing soundtrack.

Thanks for the replys, i like the idea of an s2000 car but i think they will be out of my budget. Im not really a fan of the bike engined cars.

Im not dead set on a v8 car, just quite liked the look of the two i posted and the white car looked sensibly priced and i quite like the idea of doing some tinkering to make it a bit more useable on the road interior wise and removing that awful vinyl wrap, i must admit the other one looks expensive to me, and sounds though its perhaps not as good as it looks in the pics.

The first one is quite old for a V8 engined car, and I wonder how many if any of the more recent chassis mods are incorporated to cope with the torque. Also, it doesn't say what size the engine is, so I'm guessing given the age of the car that it is a 3.5. So I would be very surprised if the power is anything like what the advertiser is trying to imply.

The second car sounds much more like the ticket, if you are set on a high powered V8. Also not grossly over priced, unlike the first car.

i like the idea of an s2000 car but i think they will be out of my budget. 

I'd still ask the Factory about a test drive - as a reference point.  There are lots of people in the club who have boght a Westy too quickly and then spent a small fortune getting it where they want it to be.  The more time you spend on research the better your purchase will be.

Incidentally, there are two fantastic v8 cars for sale on here at the moment, if you fancy the amazing soundtrack.

I know Marcus Barlow's car well and I agree (burble burble)  :)

• Like 1

So true...

The Rover V8 is a great engine in many ways, but it's also a really old design, and even with the improvements made over the years, it's much harder than people expect, to get big numbers out of.

That said, the sort of performance you can get from them can work really well in a light Westfield, once you move away from the pub numbers!  ;)  :d  :yes:

• Like 1