Cars in the park, Ripon, 10th May 2015

Rickyboy100

I have booked and paid for our tickets  :d

Is it the Sainsbury's on Wetherby Road, looks like it is across the road from the cemetry?

Only 74 miles away Ron!

Excellent Julie, yes it is the one on wetherby road. What ever is best for you, Bioman is coming to mine for 8am. If that's better you're more than welcome to do this. My postcode is HD8 0DP if you want to have a look what's best for you.

Got a chap coming with us with A MK Indy, more the merrier.

Just had a look and it is better for me to go A1 but it is very kind of you to offer.

I have just rung Sainsbury's and the petrol station opens at 6am on a Sunday and it has a public loo.

More the merrier, weather is good, looking forward to it.

I thought it would be, it's a bit out of your way as A1 goes straight to the venue pretty much, although I've got a nice route planned from Harrogate, you may be bored of motorway by the time you get to Harrogate lol. If you get off the A1 at Wetherby Julie, it's a nice run to Harrogate and just as quick.

I've been keeping an eye on the weather and it's looking good so i'll get my tickets booked.

Julie, what time are you planning on setting off??

Hi Matt, we are leaving from Lepton Huddersfield at 8.30, meeting Julie in Harrogate at 9.30ish

I am setting off at 7.30am from Chesterfield and taking the M1 to Jxn 32, M18 to Jxn 2 then A1 to Wetherby. Yawn and boring.

Where is best to meet you Matt?

We met at Sainsbury's in Harrogate with 2 casualties, firstly we had totally lost Matt who never got to Ricky's house because somebody sent the postcode of his old address, not mentioning any names here Ricky. Don't mention the postcode, much. Secondly the MK would not start so he would meet us later. That just left Mr and Mrs Bioman, Ron and Neil, Rickyboy and Brooke in their Westfields, the porsche lads and Vicky 1, Vicky 2 and Freya in the support vehicle.

CITP%20Ripon%202015%20001_zpshlw45mol.jp

We parked up.

CITP%20Ripon%202015%20009_zpsj5xejnxu.jp

CITP%20Ripon%202015%20011_zps156zou3a.jp

Then we found Matt.

CITP%20Ripon%202015%20012_zpsyzp217ne.jp

I found 2 boys looking very relaxed. I think they were hiding.

CITP%20Ripon%202015%20013_zpsercpovhi.jp

And 2 more who were NOT very relaxed. The MK Indy had turned up but then had a brake pipe problem.

CITP%20Ripon%202015%20014_zpsoga4qund.jp

• Like 1

After Liz's fantastic picnic it was suprise time. As they will be missing for Glen's rather large birthday in 2 weeks time, we had birthday cake for after's. It came with a full on singing session and hip hip hooray's. Thank you very much and for the present too.

CITP%20Ripon%202015%20016_zpsc2kzl9di.jp

A fun day out, Ricky managed to miss me spraying my car when I opened a can of pop on it, :oops: . That's only because he was busy doing an impression of a match with his bright red woolly hat on :p . Thanks to the 2 Richard's for organising it, combined with yesterday's meet it has been nice to catch up with all the Yorkshire Terrier's.

The traffic light gang in formation.

CITP%20Ripon%202015%20031_zpsemjripva.jp

Here are some pics of the other cars on display.

CITP%20Ripon%202015%20026_zpsapikh6oq.jp

CITP%20Ripon%202015%20025_zpsbvn1sgee.jp

Matt in with the Elises

CITP%20Ripon%202015%20021_zpszksq6wfe.jp

• Like 1

Marcos

CITP%20Ripon%202015%20022_zpsgeduzsgq.jp

Sunbeam Tiger

CITP%20Ripon%202015%20030_zpsynlzrh4p.jp

CITP%20Ripon%202015%20024_zpsqksyjba6.jp

Had a great day, weather was kind and so too was the company. Thanks for organising Ricky.

alas I now have a very poorly car. Limped home after the engine started sounding like a bag of spanners 4 miles from home. Think I'm going to be out of action for a while. :-(

Looks like you had a good day, I should have come with you. When's the next one?

Problems here too!

Popped a

driveshaft on the A1, rescued by Tricky and limped the car to the Fox and Grapes car park while we went to get the trailer.

All home safely now and if possible I'll have it fixed for next weekend.

• Like 1

Ps. Ricky, my mobile number is in my profile

<

Feel free to text me yours (open invite), turns out they can come in very useful!!!