Cars in the park, Ripon, 10th May 2015

Rickyboy100

Just seen on Facebook about the "cars in the Park" event on the 10th May.

Newby Hall & Gardens

HG4 5AE Ripon, North Yorkshire.

I will be going and thought it would be good to make it into a Wscc event. It starts at 9.30 so I think we need to be meeting at the fox and grapes at 9am with a view to set off at 9.15 ish. If I can get an idea of numbers that would be great so I can contact the organisers to try and get a good spot. Cheers Rich

Yes, count Glen and me in.

Is this one of the smaller shows as I thought the big Ripon shows were held at the racecourse?

Barry

Harewood is indeed on the 9th and 10th of May

FYI went a few years ago and not free admission for cars plus had to pre buy tickets, might have changed now though but official website looks to be not updated from last year yet ?

website

I'll look into it a bit more, I saw the website Marcus, not really much cop when it's all about 2014.

I took the Alfa under the Alfanutz banner to Lotherton Hall a couple of years ago. Had to prebook and download an entry form then pay on the gate. Last year had to pay by PayPal, so I didn't go.

I went to one of the racecourse shows at Ripon last year and the show was really good, I could pay at the gate but the food facilities were dire so if I go this year I will be taking my own food and drink.

Barry

PS I have been notified by the organisers that the Racecourse show is 26th July but to enter concourse from memory I think your car has to be over 20 or 25 years old.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, for those of you who wants to join me to the above, the display cars entrance is from 9am so I will be at the fox and grapes at 8am with a view to setting off around 20past. I have looked and Westfield cars are on the list so you will need to purchase a ticket online the website address is below £6 for single occupant, £12 for 2 occupants. www.carsinthepark.org.uk

I have got my tickets, don't forget to click on the WSCC in the car club section which they kindly added for us at my request as we weren't there. We need to arrive together and we will be in the Car club section.

Come on everyone, get booked.

• 1 month later...

I'm signed up. Does this mean I need to wash the car?  :d

Excellent Ron, as there wasn't much interest in this show there is a slight change of plan. We are heading from Huddersfield and are going through Harrogate. Rather than meeting at the fox and grapes and having to go via motorway, we will be at sainsburys car park in harrogate(next to the show ground) at 9.30. Please let us know if you want to meet us Ron, as you are the only one that would be meeting us. Including yourself Ron, there will be 3 Westfield and my mate in his Porsche Boxster. Forecast is good for Sunday. Looking forward to it

Yep 9.30 at Sainsburys is great, I'm literally half a mile from there. Looking forward to it.

Brill, works out perfect.