Peak District Area monthly meet 15th Feb

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

Yep, decent run out, thanks aunty Jules!!!!

Foggy start, dull but DRY! Good wholesome healthy soup for dinner....................................................................... followed by a first class piece of flamboyant sponge cake and lashings of tea and coffee. Home in time for tea, wash car nip out and do 2 jobs, bath top gear and bed.

And we all lived happily ever after. :getmecoat:

WSCCFeb2015meet001_zpsaecd7430.jpg

With snow still around at The Strines we were thankful there was no wind today. Glen and I were joined by Tricky, Barry and Andrew, Mr and Mrs Bioman, Rickyboy and Vicky and then a car turned up with the roof and doors on. I thought they needed some Westfield training until they explained that they had come all the way from Tamworth. So a very well done to MartynV and Sue, respect.

WSCCFeb2015meet005_zps9f596b65.jpg

WSCCFeb2015meet007_zps8ef52acc.jpg

Glen was kind enough to gather everyone together for a group photo. It actually looks more like an advert for outdoor clothing to me.

After a fuel stop we made our way through the Peak District, avoiding various puddles and potholes, fast along the 13 bends at Bakewell, slowly over Conksbury Bridge (yes there were pedestrians near it) and to Hartington Hall.

We were welcomed and photographed by the manager there, Heidi, who is including a photo both on their facebook page and in their magazine, see Youth Hostel Association website. Thank you Heidi.

WSCCFeb2015meet008_zps1a5612b4.jpg

We made our way to the next village along and had lunch at The Tea Junction.

WSCCFeb2015meet012_zpsb3f0c010.jpg

WSCCFeb2015meet013_zps2d13ce33.jpg

I reckon someone shifty looking tried to nick Tricky's radio, if you see this man please contact Derbyshire Constabulary!

WSCCFeb2015meet014_zpsf0c9e76a.jpg

A proper Derbyshire pothole that is.

We decided to go home via Crowdecote! to the A515 where Martyn and Sue headed off south. The rest of us went up through Buxton and down the alp-like Winnats Pass before separating in Bamford.

Thank you very much to everyone for coming today, I don't think the temperature rose above 5 degrees all day so well done for showing such determination. We have really enjoyed it and it is only February.

No meet next week as we are at Race Retro at Stoneleigh but shortly I intend on doing a route provided by Bioman that goes right from East to West across the Peak District on roads that are new to me.

We had a great time too, good to meet everyone for the first time and thanks to Julie and Glen for organising a very enjoyable run out.

Martyn and Sue

WSCCFeb2015meet013_zps2d13ce33.jpg

I reckon someone shifty looking tried to nick Tricky's radio, if you see this man please contact Derbyshire Constabulary!

Is there a reward? Think I just saw someone resembling the ugly old git!

Looks like a great day out, well done all!

Thanks for arranging yet another great run. really enjoyed it and good to see old and new faces. good to meet Martyn and Sue, hope you had a good run home.

Well thanks Ju and Glen for yesterday. Didn't expect so many westies /westys to turn up but what a start to 2015.

Great big thank you to :ww:  Martin and Sue for making the effort to travel up from Tamworth, you were great company and although I'm sure you would have loved to overtake me (most people want to and do so lol) you didn't and I have the pic to prove it  :) .

tam1_zpsewerasqw.jpg:ww:

Barry, good to see you and the hair :) not long before we have to look out for "Hairy Potter" on the roads lol. Thought it was kind of Glen to furnish you with replacement teeth (hope all goes well this week). The extra large TV remote was fantastic lol. I'm sure revenge will be sweet :)

bteeth_zpsdodme9ho.jpg

Although it was a little overcast it soon warmed up as can be seen by the bee on Rickyboys car :d

bee_zpsrunxjsp6.jpg

Once again thank you J & G for a gr8 day but remember Area Organisors  should set an example.

junglen_zpsrpk7781p.jpg

Look forward to seeing you soon Tricky .

Rich & Liz

Brill pictures Richard, thanks for sharing them. It is nice to see the day from someone else's perspective too. 

I didn't like the perspective from the top of my head, first time I'd seen that :cry:

Barry

• Like 1