Apprenticeship

pickmaster Andy Lowe

I just got an email in work saying they are still accepting applications for apprenticeships so if you know of or have any one in the Chester or Filton area

They have a couple of weeks left

www.jobs.airbusgroup.com

I hope this doesn't contravene any WSCC advertising policy anywhere

It's just I keep seeing post from members wondering how to get their kids started out in the jobs world

• Like 5

Can't see any problem with a public service announcement. The yoof need all the help they can get these days.

Bob

• 2 weeks later...

A friend of mine did the Filton one back in 2005, whilst I did the MOD one in Bristol. Still there now 10 years later and doing better than most out of it (compared to the usual route of university degrees...)

My daughter just a couple of weeks ago went for an apprenticeship with a very large Accounting company. She is 17 doing A levels this year and had to compete with graduates and competition up to 23 years of age. Not a level playing field and I was a little angry that she was surprisingly not successful , however she did credit to herself by passing the online test ( bl**** difficult) and then two of the three tests at the interviews in Manchester. Its not easy for the yoof  or young adults and we the establishment are making it more and more difficult as the numbers of unemployed youngsters rise and the companies can cherry pick the ones who satisfy the criteria for entry into there world.

Good luck with your unofficial job advert I hope local yoofs benefit from Airbus's opportunity.

Bob :d

My daughter just a couple of weeks ago went for an apprenticeship with a very large Accounting company. She is 17 doing A levels this year and had to compete with graduates and competition up to 23 years of age. Not a level playing field and I was a little angry that she was surprisingly not successful , however she did credit to herself by passing the online test ( bl**dy difficult) and then two of the three tests at the interviews in Manchester. Its not easy for the yoof  or young adults and we the establishment are making it more and more difficult as the numbers of unemployed youngsters rise and the companies can cherry pick the ones who satisfy the criteria for entry into there world.

Good luck with your unofficial job advert I hope local yoofs benefit from Airbus's opportunity.

Tell your daughter to keep perusing this route Bob - best way to get into the sector IMO and the industry has been shifting away from graduates for the last few years. Good for the trainee too as you earn rather than get into debt and gain more on the job experience.

Depending on your daughters long term aspirations, one of the big 4 may not be best to train at and achieve her qualifications. I chose a top 7 firm over PWC despite having a job offer from them

Any q's, just shout :)

Darve

Cheers