Burns Night Festive Feast

CraigHew

We celebrate Burns night each year (although I'm a Geordie not a Scotsman) on the Saturday nearest Jan 25th.

Most people like Spag-Bol, some people like haggis.....

A few months back, we stumbled upon this Haggis dish that's so easy to make and is superb, well superb if you're a haggis-lover.

Put some spaghetti on to boil (? 10 minutes) with a good pinch of salt and a little Olive oil (to stop it clumping).

Quick fry (3-4 minutes) a pack of Cherry tomatoes (each one sliced in half) in decent Olive Oil.

Pop you haggis in the micro-wave for 4 minutes or so and cook through.

Rinse off the spaghetti with boiling water, empty into a pasta dish, add the tomatoes and the haggis, mix well and serve...................

There you have it:   HAGHETTI

Robbie Burns might spin in his grave but you heard it here first and don't knock it until you've tried it.......

• Like 2

Making me feel peckish!

As far as traditionalism goes, I agree, It's Haggis Tatties and Neeps for us this weekend, although I draw the line at wearing a tartan skirt and reading poetry.   ;)

The Haghetti is for other occasions, such as a quick, comfy winter dinner..... 

Cooking for 180 scots men on Saturday ..

Yes Haggis is one of the courses .....

If you have any left over mix with some mash potato diced spring onion, then

Flour, egg wash and breadcrumb deep fry and serve with poached egg

That's my Sunday breakfast sorted !!!!!

• Like 1

we did burns night at Agric College years ago... I said to Tom McGrath, "will we be piping in the haggis"..... on he replied "it will be on a plate like last year" :-) still makes me chuckle....... beer at 80p a pint and a happy hour at 40p  pint.....

• Like 2