Sun 25th Jan Peak District Monthly Meet

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

Precisely 1 week late but all for the right reasons, meet at The Strines Inn, Mortimer Road 10.30am.

Still off the road sorry, but hopefully will not be long now!

Burns Night do, eh? ::t-up:

We'll be there Julie and Glen, the Anglia's coming on Saturday, hopefully.

Barry

Yes Scott, Burns Rubber Night eh.

• Like 1

I am bringing a little toy to play with, I have borrowed it from work today, who else is coming out to play?

It will be interesting to see you another time, Steve, I just hope that wicked Strines wind doesn't blow too much and we can all have a good nosy around your car, in fact I think you could give us an upgrade tour. Yep, that's it Steve's Tour De Upgrade.

• Like 1

The roads are salt free and dry, the sun is shining this morning in Chesterfield, is it really January?

I hope it got warmer for you, it was bl**dy freezing at the Strines!

Barry

Thank you to Barry, Andrew, Richard and Liz (Bioman) for coming today. Although Barry did not come in his Westfield it does not matter. I do not want to discourage anyone from coming, with or without a car, everyone is welcome. We are nuts and love the cold weather, not everyone is the same and if you don't enjoy it then don't do it. But we still enjoy your company and especially so when you have tales of buying Andrew his first car (he is 17 in March). The pictures of the new (very old) Anglia were great and don't be scared to add one to this post! Wait till the restoration is done and you come and show it off to us, exciting times.

After a cuppa at The Strines

WSCCMonthlymeetJan2015001_zps3851fe44.jp

WSCCMonthlymeetJan2015002_zps2fa06146.jp

we went to Monsal Head. It's nice and quiet in the winter and you can get a parking spot on the 'front', ha ha I think I am at the seaside talking like that.

WSCCMonthlymeetJan2015004_zps57cbab17.jp

Look at 'em, a Coven of Dickies Suit's, they only need a cauldron

WSCCMonthlymeetJan2015005_zps899adfd9.jp

Go on then, I know you are all dying to look over that edge, don't get too close though, you'll fall

WSCCMonthlymeetJan2015006_zps7dc83f14.jp

WSCCMonthlymeetJan2015007_zpse34699a3.jp

We drove past Ashford in the Water, er twice actually, the High Peak TVR club were having a meet there, and I needed a drool over the car park. Maybe next time I might dare pull up, do you think they will talk to me?

We tried to go to Hassop Station but it was packed full with nowhere to park so we went to Ca**ington Water instead, yeah we finally made it there, this is our 3rd attempt.

WSCCMonthlymeetJan2015009_zps1a4016f9.jp

We went to the cafe upstairs with lovely views over the reservoir, remember this is where Guy Martin mmmmm practiced with his hovercraft for his speed programme.

WSCCMonthlymeetJan2015011_zpsed02392e.jp

I haven't forgot......the toy? it is a sound level meter, Andrew measured my car 101dB at 3000 rev's, then the wind blew the sponge off the end and it was all a bit too cold to stand about so, Barry, I am bringing it back when we go to the Hulme End tunnel in the summer. Your target.....off the scale.

Thanks everyone for a great day, hope to see you all next weekend.

• Like 1

Hello.

Great pictures and I love Monsel Dale.

I had a drive up in the summer and managed to get in the same spot as you but it was early in the day.

• Like 1

J & G,

Thanks for a great day, I did say I wouldn't put a post up again but........ you deserve a big thank you for organising today :)

See you soon :yes: