Wahoo! I love it when the delivery man brings an unexpected parcel!

Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman

I couldn't think of anythingI was expecting as I watched him walk up the drive with a little parcel. Then I spotted the Playskool return address on it. Yippee, from the size and weight I knew what was in it - my custom length lower harness straps had arrived, excellent, I can finally bolt the seats in now and cross that one off the list..

But better still, the anodised drop links for my new front anti roll bar had arrived too. And sad as it may make me, I've got to say, for something so simple, they're a thing of beauty!

I know it's taken a while, but Luke has really surpassed himself on the ARB kits now - I had the earlier sets, which, being generous, needed a certain amount of fettling to fit etc. That to me though seemed perfectly fair enough given the price Playskool were able to do them for. An absolute bargain.

But these, for not much more cost, with the anodised black fittings and the special paint finish to the bars, plus the new design bushes for the saddle blocks look absolutely fantastic and go together a dream.

The bar itself is already fitted - I'll grab some photos when I get the drop links on over the weekend.

I love little  detail stuff like this though, where you can feel and see the quality.

Ta Luke

• Like 1

Excellent Dave. Your build will be exceptional, wouldn't expect any less!!

Very good Dave.  I too am waiting for longer than standard length lower harness straps from Luke. I can't fit my JK seats until they come.

In fact I believe that they are your old JK seats!

Tony

I guess it depends which batch they're in, but fingers crossed yours are in the same one as mine, that has just cleared customs etc!

How funny Tony, mine were all black (seats & pads) fixed mount versions, with the carbon fibre headrest finish. And really comfy they were!

If they're not in yet, I'd seriously consider giving JK a ring and seeing if you can get a pair of those new rear bracing mouldings for them, would stiffen them up at shoulder level quite a bit from the looks of them.

Stoneliegh 2021 here we come :p:d

• Like 1

Stoneliegh 2021 here we come :p:d

Will you be joining us in the Spyder? :p :p :d

• Like 1

You got It bad Dave, getting excited over Droplinks, Get a Grip.

• Like 1

Sad but true. :down:

How funny Tony, mine were all black (seats & pads) fixed mount versions, with the carbon fibre headrest finish. And really comfy they were!

Yes, that sounds right, I got them through Julian.

I got the base supports from JK and have the seats bonded into them.  A big improvement in the ease of fitting and reduction of flexing.

Hmmmmm..... Most of my bits have arrived too....... could someone put the clocks forward a bit so I have a bit more light and a lot less cold.... just enough to stop the spanners sticking to me.

• Like 1