Computer antivirus which is best

pickmaster Andy Lowe

+1 for Comodo Internet Security Premium free version.

also use ASC (Advanced System Care) 8 for weekly cleanups, Spybot S&D once each month.

All free and very very good.

The answer to this question is like how long is a piece of string but I'll put in my two bob's worth anyway  -  I've been using AVG for some time and am very satisfied with it, I also run Malwarebytes which is an anti-malware program and I thoroughly recommend it. Hope this helps in some small way!

Cheers, Roger

Yep

Another one for avg free,doesnt gring the pc to a halt and seems effective

Just unclick all the desktop and add on options or itll take over your search bar

The answer to this question is like how long is a piece of string but I'll put in my two bob's worth anyway  -  I've been using AVG for some time and am very satisfied with it, I also run Malwarebytes which is an anti-malware program and I thoroughly recommend it. Hope this helps in some small way!

Cheers, Roger

Same for me AVG (free) on an auto update/scan/running in the background and Malwarebytes that I update and run a scan about once every couple of months when I think about it.  Brother-in-law who work for an IT provider recommended them both and I've not had any problems with either on any of the 3 x desk tops and 4 x lap tops that myself and 3 x teenagers have in the house.

Another one for AVG (free) plus Malware Bytes(free). If you use a laptop and public Internet sites look for a free firewall as well.

I haven't used anti-virus software in over 12 years.

It's quite simple:

Don't open email attachments if you were not expecting them

Install script and ad blocking to your web browser

Don't click on links on social media (copy the text instead and search Google for it).

Send everything you download, to be scanned by VirusTotal.

Run malwarebytes once a week or before shutting down the PC if you've experienced any odd behaviour whilst web browsing (important to stop malware installing itself at the next restart).

Use task manager to shut down those annoying websites that won't let you exit them (never click on the dialogue).

If something seems too good to be true, it always is.

You have not won a holiday in Florida, or a new car, or an iPad, so don't click on that link.

If something tells you your system is infected, ignore it, task kill your browser and run malwarebytes.

In short, the best anti-virus is common sense.

Bit late to the party, but we use ESET NOD32 on the 175 or so machines & servers I look after on our little non-corporate network. Always a comment that invites trouble, but since installing NOD32, we've not had a single incident. Bearing in mind we have a fair number of casual users (students etc who just love to mess with stuff) of the machines, I think that says a fair bit for its efficacy.

The corporate machines have Sophos.

Not experienced anything but agro with Norton products for many years, sad to say. They used to be great products when Peter Norton was in charge, but that is going back a few years!

Lyonsprides advice is of course sound - many of these things result from a careless click.

• Like 1

Another vote for ESET from me.