Dartford Crossing

DE04*

Last sunday 11th Jan went from Kent to Essex through Dartford Tunnel and a return journey,the new system you set up a account and get charged every time you use it,less time waiting paying with cash and works out a little cheaper. Until i looked at my crossing history,i had been charged twice for the north bound journey!! Just phone them i thought and they can refund my £1.67. Not that simple,after the first woman just hung up!! This time got a man who looked into my account and was looking at the images and could see a ovious mistake,but still had to refer it to the financial department and tells me i have to wait for a phone call to see if they are going to give me my money back. Do they deliberately make it as hard as possible so you just dont bother? Has anybody else has this problem?

• Like 1

No, but then again, I only booked a crossing for my mum last Sunday and that was easy enough. She commented how much quicker it now was.

Sounds like the typical teething problem though?

At least you got the name 'Dartford Crossing' right.  I went on a Thames cruise years ago and the guide referred to it as the 'Dartford Bridge'  I soon corrected him on that.

You went on a Thames cruise under the Dartford Crossing? I hope it was cheap!

I used it a few weeks back, forgot to pay in time and have yet to receive the fine...

The guide was referring to the bridge and called it the Dartford Bridge,   it is course called the "Queen Elizabeth 2nd" bridge.

Serves you right Russ for the fine :d

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Change in rules knews to me :'(

Went through on boxing day and thought I got through for free as a bank holiday

£155 fine in the post today

Angry?

Feel stupid?

Either way, excessive

I don't normally think like this but that's a lots of hours at work

Change in rules knews to me :'(

Went through on boxing day and thought I got through for free as a bank holiday

£155 fine in the post today

Angry?

Feel stupid?

Either way, excessive

:d    Accountants are supposed to find the cheapest way,, aren't they?

Just rung up and saved £150  :d  :d  :d  :d  :d  :d  :d

I simply said "as a consumer you didn't make it clear enough to me what the charges are and how to pay them, therefore I'm not prepared to pay the penalty charges". They then said they'd waive them

Whether you believe its clear or not, or I'm just stupid  :durr: ............................... I'm happy with the result

:cool:

I dunno, I'd happily pay £155 to get out of Essex..... :)

(I grew up there, I did my time so feel qualified to comment, before anyone gets upset....)

• Like 1

I dunno, I'd happily pay £155 to get out of Essex..... :)

(I grew up there, I did my time so feel qualified to comment, before anyone gets upset....)

I only work there...... and have to admit that after 7 years and 4 sets of road springs on my tin top I'm getting fairly fed up with the state of the craters they lovingly call pot-holes.....

But it's all worthwhile when I trailer the ASBO down there and scream about with the Essex mob..... and It keeps my dentist busy putting my fillings back in!!

Is it summer yet?

Nem...............

I only work there...... and have to admit that after 7 years and 4 sets of road springs on my tin top I'm getting fairly fed up with the state of the craters they lovingly call pot-holes.....

But it's all worthwhile when I trailer the ASBO down there and scream about with the Essex mob..... and It keeps my dentist busy putting my fillings back in!!

Is it summer yet?

Nem...............

........and costs yer lots in petrol for our evening blats  :yellow-westy:  but we know you love us.