I've been had........

Nemesis

It will have been a year in March when I first joined this superb forum, a reply to one of my early posts was sprinkled with the little used word 'upgrade-itis'......

Now being a former Royal Navy Medic I recognised the 'itis' bit as an inflammation, but because there was not a hint of Latin in the first part of the word I of course dismissed it.

I went on my merry way and replaced my dented sump, now, it would have been foolish to just replace like for like when there is the option of baffles...... and Mr Eales you silver tongued devil you "you know these things corner like nothing else on the planet...... will you be putting slicks on it ?" me wide eyed and dopey says "yeah why not"..... he puts the baffled sump back on the shelf and picked up a much nicer looking pile of stuff, then says "you'll need these then......" Go find my post about the sump.... baffles, windage trays and trapdoors.... oooh and a modified pickup...... oh the joys...... but the cost more than justified because I won't have any oil surge issues.... and the old sump was goosed anyway........

I had a lovely summer, I met a great bunch of people in Essex and went on a couple of track days, plus thanks to a great guy called Graham, four dashes up the Shelsley Walsh hill, the real bonus was that for the whole of the summer I didn't really break anything too expensive.

Then we went to the Westfield Factory, the open day...... Wheels, Tyres and new suspension all justified as "well they're 15 years old and probably goosed anyway"

Yesterday I spoke to a lovey guy called Luke at Playskool.......... Discs, Pads and new Calipers are on the way, and to top it all off I have to trundle up to Crewe with the trailer to get a Tyre Rack fitted......

So in summary I feel I've been had, not one of you lovely people has even hinted at saying "save yourself Mr Dixon, run away, the UPGRADEITIS is gonna get ya !"

Happy new year all, see you out and about as long as you promise to tell me that the ASBO is lovely and say things like "ooooh that looks to be worth every one of the copious pennies spent on it......"

I'm off to the IMF now to see if I can be bailed out.....

Nem.....................  

• Like 6

:laugh: It gets everyone in the end!

So in summary I feel I've been had...

...said the smiling bride on the morning after her wedding night :d

You love it and we all know it!  But we're happy to help the weak-willed spend their money and watch the spouse-related fallout fun. :t-up:

• Like 1

..and saving weight..  have you drilled out the centre of your steering column yet :d

I'm not allowed anything sharper than a crayon.... so there will be no drilling!!

But hang on Luke said something about streering col......... STOPPIT STOPPIT STOPPIT........ 

...said the smiling bride on the morning after her wedding night :d

You love it and we all know it!  But we're happy to help the weak-willed spend their money and watch the spouse-related fallout fun. :t-up:

Spousal issues were fixed last Saturday...... A smiling assassin of a salesman in the Jewelers...... happiness is a watch called Omega...... 

Wait till you get it seriously, you only have a mild form at the moment  :d  :d  :d

• Like 1

:laugh: It gets everyone in the end!

Cripes - I'm a lost cause then - it got me before I'd even taken delivery of the chassis - when I was a Stoneleigh last year I started upgrading the bits I hadn't even got!

• Like 1

There is no known cure - I've tried  :(

The only option is to have a partner who's "hobby" is as expensive (or preferably more so) than yours (let her have a horse and you can upgrade your Westfield for life without a single moment of guilt !!  :d )

You may both end up on the street and penniless, but at least she can't blame you for being selfish  :rolleyes:

And there's not much you can do with a clapped out (possibly dead) horse - but a Westfield must have some value (I keep telling her :love: )

There is no known cure - I've tried  :(

The only option is to have a partner who's "hobby" is as expensive (or preferably more so) than yours (let her have a horse and you can upgrade your Westfield for life without a single moment of guilt !!  :d )

You may both end up on the street and penniless, but at least she can't blame you for being selfish  :rolleyes:

And there's not much you can do with a clapped out (possibly dead) horse - but a Westfield must have some value (I keep telling her :love: )

At least you can eat the horse..... in the book of words see "Tesco"