Damn weather!

Young Pretender

After spending the last week as a self made meteorologist, I hedged my bets on picking up the new Westy this afternoon rather than at the weekend for which the outlook was rather bleak.. it seems I should now expect to get very, very wet.

Breaking news: weather forecasters are shysters :)

Wish me luck!

Welcome back to ownership, what have you bought?

• Like 1

Oh dear, good luck!

We had the same patern up here earlier in the week, with snow predicted for Saturday and Sunday; now there's no snow and Sunday should be ok!  You can't win...

Assuming no roof or tonneau cover etc, I'd just be arming myself with plenty of old towels and some bin bags, tape etc, and trying to protect what I could - passenger seat, any carpets/soft trim. If you haven't already got on, you can get some of the bikers one piece waterproof coveralls reasonably cheaply to help keep you dry. And if the rains really bad, regardless of whether the car is windscreened or aeroscreened, try and beg, steal or borrow a helmet. (It's strange how much more comfortable it is to drive in the rain if your head/face is protected from it!)

• Like 1

Cheers Dave - it has a tonneau with centre zip, no carpets, it's aeroscreened (I kept my old helmet) and I have waterproofs.  I think I'm reasonably well planned but great shout on the towels..  I'll leave a few in the footwells to soak up as much as poss.

I used to find the tonneau cover over the passenger side made a huge difference, right up till I had to cut the headrest pocket out when I upgraded to JK's! Unfortunately, I never quite got round to having a new set of pockets made to cover the bigger headrest sections. In the rain, the passenger headrest acted like a scoop, funnelling the rain down into the bowl of the seat!

I actually had to stop and bail it out on more than one occasion!  :durr:   :blush: 

I actually had to stop and bail it out on more than one occasion!  :durr:   :blush:

...which why I've drilled holes in my seats (and the floor underneath)!!!!

It's not going to be that bad unless you're going up to the North or West, always rains up there unlike the Balmy Sout East.

I expect we'll seeing photos of your new :yellow-westy: Steed soon.

Well, I got lucky.. it stayed dry for me..

Just as well really seeing as the car is a BEC, with flappy paddles and a lockup clutch.. I was basically re-learning to drive on the way home  :suspect:

This is John Cobbs (old) car - John used to be Surrey / Sussex AO and the car really is a testament to him - he's thought of everything!  When we met a few years ago I said to him at the time that I would like to buy his car, thinking it a bit of a pipe dream.. now a tinge of guilt taking it away from them.  Assurances that she will be doted over were duly made..

Anyway.. a pic of her home safe  :)

IMG_3861_zps46ea58f2.jpg

Time for a hot bath 

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Give a shout if you're ever in the Surrey area mate. I've still got hold of your last one, and somehow finding a way to run both that and the Evora :d The new one looks fantastic!

Well I hope you have cut back on your fleet somewhere mate?  :d

Yes, will let you know if I get over to a Surrey meet when the weather gets a little better.  Would be good to catch up  :yes:

• Like 1

Certainly (not)! Part-ex'd the BMW Z4 for the Evora. But you know what? Lifes for living, and I like my cars :d Plus I get weird looks polishing the same car all day, so have enough to make it look a little more normal now :d