Pub quiz - Lolly pop man/woman

Stu Faulkner

Ok,  Pub quiz.

What is the black horizontal stripe on a lollypop man/womans lollypop stick for?

(The bit between the words 'Stop' and 'Children')

No prize but bragging rights and smugness.

Feel free to post other useless bits of trivia :d

I understood it can be used to record car number plates with chalk but may be folklore

• Like 1

I understood it can be used to record car number plates with chalk but may be folklore

Correct

Wow, I'm impressed, that was fast.

My mate annoyed everyone on site and noboby knew the answer.

My favourite bit of trivia is this.  In Shakespeare's day you didn't pay on your way into the theatre; if you went to The Globe, for example, staff would come round the audience with a box with a slot in the top and collect your money.  What you paid depended on how good the seats/standing was (nothing changes).

When everyone's cash was collected, the collection boxes were taken to a room at the back of the theatre for safe keeping.  That room was called..........wait for it............the box office!

• Like 1