It's a "hello" from me...

Kyle

Good afternoon,

Yesterday was an exciting day for me; I placed an order for an MX5 based SDV kit in hooligan orange! I thought that now might be a good time to introduce myself rather than lurking on the forums. This will be my first kit car but after modifying cars as long as I've been driving this was the perfect step up.

I'm a 26 year old Thermal Insulation Engineer and Sheet Metal Worker coming from a string of turbo hot hatch "weekend" cars so this is a total change in direction for me and I still have half of my highly modified 379bhp Mk1 Focus RS in the garage as I'm breaking it to fund the project. I can't wait to get the kit and start building, just sitting in one had me grinning like a Cheshire cat :d :d :d

Simon at Westfield was really helpful on my factory visit but is there anything I should know in advance to be fully prepared?

Thanks,

Kyle

Welcome and good choice!

Plenty of MX5 builders on here now, I'm just about to IVA mine on Tuesday. Best advice I can give is to ask ask ask!

Shaun

Hi & welcome

As said before ask or do a build diary.

Enjoy it

Andy

The only thing I can add is if you do a diary then use plenty of photos.

:ww:  :ww: Stu

Welcome, as the others have said, never be afraid to ask away! There are plenty of experienced SDV builders on here, so lots of knowledge to tap into!

Build threads are great not only do we love seeing the cars coming together, but plenty of photos have also helped in the past where someone's spotted something not going together quite right that the builder hasn't seen yet.

Most of all, don't forget to have fun and enjoy the build.

...where someone's spotted something not going together quite right that the builder hasn't seen yet.

Absolutely! My build diary replies/comments have helped me on more than one occasion!

Thanks for the warm welcome guys, I will definitely get a build thread up for my own sake lol.

Yes Rich I live in Neston on the Wirral but I'm originally from Sutton Coldfield down in the Midlands.

Hi Kyle

The Wirral and North Wales mob have a meeting the 1st Tuesday of the month at the Tudor Rose just down the road from you, good bunch of lads, come to the next meeting plenty of advice available for new builds

Regards

Rich

Thanks for the warm welcome guys, I will definitely get a build thread up for my own sake lol.

Yes Rich I live in Neston on the Wirral but I'm originally from Sutton Coldfield down in the Midlands.

I'm about to pick up my kit in about 3 weeks time and currently living in Sutton Coldfield, so once I have it underway you're more than welcome to come and take a look at what I'm doing!

Hi Kyle

The Wirral and North Wales mob have a meeting the 1st Tuesday of the month at the Tudor Rose just down the road from you, good bunch of lads, come to the next meeting plenty of advice available for new builds

Regards

Rich

That sounds good to me. I have already found the Facebook page :d hopefully I will see you there in Feb.

• Like 1

I'm about to pick up my kit in about 3 weeks time and currently living in Sutton Coldfield, so once I have it underway you're more than welcome to come and take a look at what I'm doing!

Whereabouts mate? I'm Streetly born and (in)bred and all my family is still down there. Is it an Mx5 kit you're building?