Magic wand time: What would you include in a Westfield app?

Captain Colonial

Just thinking last night while messing about on my tablet - if you were to design a Westfield app (and I'm way too stupid to do it personally), what would you include in it?

I thought maybe:

> A body spec thingy a bit above and beyond the excellent colour and dash thingy already on the Westfield World website, so you could specify body colour(s), specific wheel types and sizes, windscreen or aeroscreen, roll hoop types / cages. dash options, seat options, engine and gearbox types (and expected performances), etc. and model it in 3D

> A driving game with the car you've spec'd up on different Speed Series venues so you can compete against others both online and offline

> A Westfield quiz on product and history, again offline or against others, scored on accuracy and speed of response

> A calendar listing full details of club events, both national and local area meets

What do you think and what would you add?

Just an app to get on the forum will do most phone users, it has been suggested before.

• Like 1

Just an app to get on the forum will do most phone users, it has been suggested before.

It's already possible, althought not with an app granted, but the forum does do a nifty smartphone browser version.

How about a map with locational services that once engaged by the user (and only once engaged) the location of you and your westetfield (because you are in it) is disclosed to others who have this option engaged. So when you are out on a blat you can look for other westy drivers to waive at! :westy:  :dg-westy:

• Like 4

Just a point on the existing mobile web/app - it would be great if when I add it to my iphone home screen it created a nice WSCC thumbnail piccy rather than a view of the screen that's open in the browser. :yes:

Just a point on the existing mobile web/app - it would be great if when I add it to my iphone home screen it created a nice WSCC thumbnail piccy rather than a view of the screen that's open in the browser. :yes:

That is pretty easy to implement. There just needs to be a specially named image on the web server, then your iPhone will use that image as the icon when you pin the website to your home screen.

http://www.cellcode.com/news/how-to-add-iphone-icon-to-your-website/

• Like 1

That is pretty easy to implement. There just needs to be a specially named image on the web server, then your iPhone will use that image as the icon when you pin the website to your home screen.

http://www.cellcode.com/news/how-to-add-iphone-icon-to-your-website/

You win the Interwebs :t-up:  Top tip, well done - I've learned something today!

• Like 1

I would be the last to suggest a Grinder type function ;)

"Gear Grinder"? ;)

On Android something like this does occur already! :)

Somewhere people could log lap times/sprint times to compare against cars of similar spec and a leaderboard function? Too early for me to put anything in there anyway. Haven't even built mine yet!

How about an NFC tag function, which automatically puts the phone into silent or flight mode when you get into the Westfield ;p

Or something that monitors your GPS location and sends the missus a text message when your nearly home from a blat..... "put the kettle on love".

• Like 1