Calendar, January picture - where?

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

OK so it has bugged me for a week now. I have spent the last seven days trying to work out where the car is pictured in the January of the calendar.

I watched a program on TV about the gritters and snow ploughs and they were at Applecross. I have now heard of that place on this forum and it looks delicious. It also looks a bit like that road on the calendar.

Can someone put me out of my misery and pleeeease tell me where it is.

Thank you in advance.

Well if it is Applecross, it's the west coast of Scotland.

But it doesn't look like Applecross to me.

if its Andy Lowes car I would guess it is Denbighshire or somewhere about North Wales :-)

Calendar producers please note:

1. The photos are great!
  2. Leave the photo unsullied, but...
  3. We need to know the name of the photographer
  4. We need to know the name of the car's owner
  5. We need to know where and when the photograph was taken.

It could all be in tabular form at the back.

What's the problem???

I thought the name of the picture taker was on the calendar, will have to look.

Terry

PS the B4391 is worth a drive best heading west into the setting sun

The B4407 quickly turns very narrow and very very bumpy after that point

Calendar producers please note:

1. The photos are great!
  2. Leave the photo unsullied, but...
  3. We need to know the name of the photographer
  4. We need to know the name of the car's owner
  5. We need to know where and when the photograph was taken.

It could all be in tabular form at the back.

What's the problem???

3. It's on the photos :t-up:

4 & 5: Yes that would be nice - please make any suggestions for improvement directly to the esteemed Editor Peter Osborne at editor@wscc.co.uk as he's highly unlikely to see them on the forums - ta. :)

I would love to participate in the discussion, but for some reoccurring reason I have yet to receive the latest mag etc.... Is there a delay in getting them sent out?

I would love to participate in the discussion, but for some reoccurring reason I have yet to receive the latest mag etc.... Is there a delay in getting them sent out?

the magazine and calendars were posted out at the start of December.

I would go into your profile and double check that all your address details are correct.

Already checked.... all correct ... and never been changed from when i joined...

the last magazine was also very late in arriving - so i cant see that its the postman having problems,

A repeat indicates a problem in the database to me ..... i would appreciate you checking your end....

please make any suggestions for improvement directly to the esteemed Editor Peter Osborne at editor@wscc.co.uk as he's highly unlikely to see them on the forums - ta. :)

Done - thanks

Martin, agree totally with you - trouble us, despite us asking for entrants to include information about the photo (see below from Scotts boardroom post of October 1), many of them don’t.

"Don’t forget to include as much information about the photo as you can - where taken, whose car or other interesting facts. Entries without such supporting info may not be considered - and your own name in full and name of featured photo item / person."

OK I could restrict the included photos to those where information was supplied; but then we’d probably have just a half-dozen pics to fill 12 months.

It’s the same for the photo comp - as a 'for instance', a couple of days ago I received an email with an attached pic of a Westfield. No content in the email, no name, no address, no membership number, no explanation.
I replied asking for confirmation that this was a photo comp entry and for more details; but no response as yet. It’s a good pic but without even a name its chances of winning are remote. 

As tor the January picture - Andrew Lowe, who sent a couple of pictures, was one of those who did include some information. This is what he said: "The first one is mine on the perfect day, in the perfect place in the perfect car (in north Wales)"