SCOTTISH BLOKE HALF DOORS. WHAT FIXINGS TO USE

Geoffrey Carter (Buttercup)

Hello All.

I have purchased some half doors and they appear to be the type that were made by Scottish Bloke.

I have been searching to see what type of fixings to buy to install them on the car. I have been looking at the fixings in soft bits shop but there are a few different types and I do not know which is the best to buy or if I need the key thing to remove some of them.

I would ideally like to be sat in the car and then be able to clip the doors on whilst I am sat down as I am not the daintiest of people. I would also like to be able to unclip them if I struggle to get out.

Can anyone offer me any advice please.

I did look at the turn buttons but I though that this type would stop my full height doors from closing against the car body.

I have also done various searches but they all seem to relate to carbon doors.

just normal button type work fine

If he hasn't changed the way he makes them, I assume you mean the half doors with the vinyl finish and a thin trim around the bottom edges?

If so, I used 2 x Tenax 'pull buttons' then a normal press stud (working from top to bottom) down the front edge. I originally had all these as press studs but found that when I undid the inner cockpit strap, the door would swing open and pop off itself. This is fine if you plan to just pop the door off every time you get in and out (not a bad idea, at all) but I liked the idea of being able to swing it open and for it to stay in place, hence the Tenax buttons. By the way, I can still easily pop the door off with the Tenax - you just need more nimble fingers! :laugh:

Afternoon Men.

Thankyou for the replies.

My doors do not have a strap so I am thinking that a Tenax pull button on each corner of the door will be ok.

I will have a look at those.

Thankyou again to both of you.

• Like 1