Hullavington Airfield - MSE Days

CrisisWolf

So looks like Hullavington Airfield on 17/04/2015 is 'Round 1' of the year for us. I'll book when I am back off holiday (late Feb) then probably start a standalone topic with the date. I fancy a monthly/bi-monthly effort!

1. CrisisWOlf
  2. The Stoat
  3. Mooch

Man On The Clapham Omnibus - have you had your car sound tested? Its surprising. I have had an all new exhaust fitted, sounds much louder but tested 2dB quieter than before - its just a lower tone..

So looks like Hullavington Airfield on 17/04/2015 is 'Round 1' of the year for us. I'll book when I am back off holiday (late Feb) then probably start a standalone topic with the date. I fancy a monthly/bi-monthly effort!

1. CrisisWOlf
  2. The Stoat
  3. Mooch

Man On The Clapham Omnibus - have you had your car sound tested? Its surprising. I have had an all new exhaust fitted, sounds much louder but tested 2dB quieter than before - its just a lower tone..

Yes CW, every time I do an MSE trackday. It's always below the limit but sometimes by only a dB. The sound measurement is a bit of a black art and is very operator dependent. I need to thoroughly warm the engine (and exhaust) before the check though, and run the revs up slowly because if it overshoots the meter grabs the maximum reading sometimes. There appears to be a bit of hysteresis in the circuitry so that once it's high it needs a disproportionate drop to bring it down again - it's 'sticky'. My own meter, an analogue device bought from Radio Shack in the States, doesn't quite agree but then it isn't officially calibrated. As I don't use the car between trackdays except to take it for an annual MoT, it should be okay...

• 1 month later...

I have booked for Abingdon on March 27th - my deferred booking from last year. :t-up: