Keeping warm, my secret

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

ARM WARMERS. When I am driving my Westfield  I don't want to end up with so many clothes on that I can't move. I have found that arm warmers provide a thin but warm layer around my arms, leaving my shoulder area free to move about. The tight fit stops any drafts.

Halfords have just started selling them in the cycle section for around a tenner, although I bought mine from Amazon.

Just thought I would share this secret with anyone who, like me , is searching for every bit of warmth at this time of the year, especially because I won't give in to using my doors.

Nice tip, got a link to the ones on Amazon?

Went out for a good 2 hour drive today.

Only 2 issues with this weather for me are.

Freezing cold fingertips and bladder.

(Anyone over the age of 40 I am sure will agree)

• Like 2

Went out for a good 2 hour drive today.

Only 2 issues with this weather for me are.

Freezing cold fingertips and bladder.

(Anyone over the age of 40 I am sure will agree)

They call them bucket seats for a reason you know!

Mind you, now I'm a bit worried, I'm sure Martin Van Z has drilled drainage holes in his seats, and I know he does all those long distance trips....

• Like 1

That may be why these little cars have a limited range, fill up with fuel every 100 miles and drain the python at the same time. Must ask are the arm warmers "handed" as I find I would only need a right armed one but could have two for the price of one. Bargain. may even put my 90'c stat back in for a winter run once I get my seats back in properly.

Bob :westy::xmas::ghostface:

I wear the base layers from mountain warehouse and my arms never feel cold.

Do they do the arm warmers in fat mans size.

My problem is my bloomin fingers and even though I have my gloves on, I can feel my cold fingers for hours afterwards.

I went out for a few hours this morning in the frost and came back bloomin frozen but enjoyed every minute.

I don't have a link but the first ones I bought off Amazon were made by Tenn and the second pair I have just bought are a bit thicker/warmer and are called 'outeredge, lombardia arm warmers'. I paid £15.99 including delivery.

They are not 'handed' Bob and maybe you could put 2 on your driving arm!

Tesco FF brand do thermal underwear that traps heat very well at a bargain price.  The material is very thin and clings to the contours of your body therefore keeping a  warm air layer close to your skin.  It doesn't irritate my delicate skin at all as do other synthetic materials.

Top Tip----Wearing gauntlet shaped gloves that cover your jacket cuffs stop the wind going up your sleeve and around yer back.

Yes they do them in larger sizes but you need them to fit close to the skin to work.

With the gloves, make sure the gloves are quite big to allow for blood to circulate freely. Many people make the mistake of wearing gloves to keep their hands warm and all they do is reduce their circulation.

The gloves that I wear are filled with Primaloft and the guy that sold them to me takes his holidays at minus 15 to minus 25 degrees. He manages the Cotswold Outdoor shop in Bakewell. (Other outdoor shops are available)

They look good, could double up as "T" shirt converters.

Bob :p

Personally I prefare a decent all in one thermal mid & base layer kit , but I suppose its different for women drivers due to their larger (usually) chest size . ( the princess and the pea syndrome)