CarbonMods rear arch protectors

Geoffrey Carter (Buttercup)

Afternoon All.

I have been on the phone to carbon Mods but cannot get through to speak to anyone.

Just keep getting a message that everyone is busy and to stay on the line.

I am after placing an order for the rear arch protectors.

My car is a 2000 SE that is wide bodied. My rear arches are around 230mm wide but I cannot find any details of an SE option on the carbonmods web site.

Does anyone know if the SEiW fixed protectors will fit please. 

Bodywork on the live axle cars is the same as that used on those with independant suspension of the same era, however fixed arches have a different profile to detachable rear arches and the current ZK bodywork will have a different fit and shape to the earlier "kit" bodywork.

I guess they are on their Christmas holiday week like a lot of small businesses,  try them after mon 6th. Jan.

Mines an SEIW/fixed arches and Carbon Mods covers, so I assume yours will look like this IMG_2307_zps43130fd3.jpg[/url]

Hello Sooty.

Yes that is what I am after.

Just could not find any reference to an SeW on their website.

thanks for the pic also.

Cheers Sooty, (and Buttercup for bringing up the subject) that picture is exactly what I needed to convince me ;) I think my bodywork is the same as yours (1998 SEW with fixed arches). Are the wide 'shoulders' curvy (my previous SEiW was) or straight (mine are)?

Hi Quinten.

I am afraid I don't understand what you mean by curvy or straight shoulders.

If you have a picture I will go and see if it is the same as mine.

Hi Buttercup, the question was for Sooty, but maybe the following pictures help...

Straight (my current SEW)

2014-06-15+13_29_56.jpg

Curvy (my previous SEiW)

DSC05118.JPG

I'm referring to the space next to the seat on the bodywork, where your shoulders/arms would be...

Shoulder area shouldn't make any difference, I bought the arch protectors from them last summer.

He'll ask you if its a fixed arch or bolt on arch. They were about £160 if I recall. They're a really good fit, I just bonded mine on and they've been fine.

You'll have to wait a week or two for delivery as they're made to order.

Shoulder area shouldn't make any difference

Belive it or not it does.

The shape of the shoulder area is one way of identifying the difference between the Early "kit" and the current ZK bodywork. Depending on which of these the arch protectors are designed for will depend on how well they fit as the arches are a slightly different shape.

Belive it or not it does.

The shape of the shoulder area is one way of identifying the difference between the Early "kit" and the current ZK bodywork. Depending on which of these the arch protectors are designed for will depend on how well they fit as the arches are a slightly different shape.

Mines an early body although it's a 1996 build the body of my car has been the subject of many a conversation at our meets, looks very similar to a narrow but is a SEIW.

Either way they fit fine, what I was trying to say is that Carbon Mods has a number of differing moulds they must use as they were quite precise about which body type I had.

Q.     Yes, your new mighty Xflow are the same fixed arch as mine so the Carbon Mods arches will fit.

• Like 1

Mines neither of above?, it's a 1989 original kit, I have no recess/ straight, or curvy, mine is just flat all the way?

I think I have a kit like Tricky?

It was re registered in 2000, and think it was re bodied on a SEI

Mines neither of above?, it's a 1989 original kit, I have no recess/ straight, or curvy, mine is just flat all the way?

I think I have a kit like Tricky?

It was re registered in 2000, and think it was re bodied on a SEI

yours is a narrow body whereas Tricky's, Buttercups and Quinten's are wide body cars.

You can see the differences in the bodywork FAQ

http://forum.wscc.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic/104285-spot-the-difference-–-bodywork/

• Like 2