TV Series: A Race Car is Born

jellyfish

Just to let you all know that the TV series "A Race Car is Born" is being repeated on Discovery Turbo from 14th Jan.

This is the one where the chap builds a Westie from scratch. Probably a bit too basic for many of the seasoned builders here, but I for one will be watching.

http://www.discoveryuk.com/tv-guide/?type=day&channel_code=TUUK-ENG&filter=0600&date=14012015

This has been on a virtually continuous loop (along with the rest of the '....Is Born) series on Quest for years.  I confess, it was watching this series that made me want to build my own Westfield, so it was great publicity for WF.

It the light aircraft I want to do next, but SWMBO is putting her foot down.... :down:

You can buy the "Car is Born" DVD

I have the Race Car is Born and a Plane is Born on DVD and do like to watch them from time to time.  I also have the one Mike Brewer did when building a Westfield Hayabusa which is also fun to watch.  

• Like 1

Enjoyed watching the dvd only last night..

..I also have the one Mike Brewer did when building a Westfield Hayabusa which is also fun to watch.  

Great shout.. will be ordering this later  :yes:

• Like 1

The whole series of the "Born"  programmes are also on You Tube, so you can watch them when you like https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Mark+evans+a+race+car+is+born+  They are a bit  fragmented  but search around for complete shows, they are there somewhere.

Dvd is pants compared to the series!

How so? (I've occasionally thought of buying the DVD's as a rainy day thing!)

The DVDs have bits missing. For example, on the Plane is Born series, Mark Evans was shown taking flying lessons and this wasn't included on the DVDS.

The DVDs have bits missing. For example, on the Plane is Born series, Mark Evans was shown taking flying lessons and this wasn't included on the DVDS.

Thanks, will steer clear of them then, would have been well hacked off to find that.

This has been on a virtually continuous loop (along with the rest of the '....Is Born) series on Quest for years.  I confess, it was watching this series that made me want to build my own Westfield, so it was great publicity for WF.

It the light aircraft I want to do next, but SWMBO is putting her foot down.... :down:

id like to have a go at one of those too but it looks like you have to be properly skilled to make one of those. i wonder how much help he had for the plane or helicopter ones off screen?

also would like the MG and landrover

I have the Race Car is Born and a Plane is Born on DVD and do like to watch them from time to time.  I also have the one Mike Brewer did when building a Westfield Hayabusa which is also fun to watch.  

I've just ordered the Mike Brewer one now, hands up who wants it after I've finished with it

• Like 1

id like to have a go at one of those too but it looks like you have to be properly skilled to make one of those. i wonder how much help he had for the plane or helicopter ones off screen?

also would like the MG and landrover

Lots. I can't remember now if it was the plane or helicopter. But one of them wasn't actually in airworthy condition when they came to do the final part, so another, (finished) aircraft was used. Whichever it was, was eventually completed off air.