Out for a blast at last!

Onliest Smeg David

2nd day of 2015, overnight rain washed salt off the roads, so just back from first drive out of the year :) :) with tiggers uncle.

Rammy - Whalley - Clitheroe - Sawley - Bolton by Bowland - Gisburn - Blacko and back. Brill :d

Including ploughing through very deep puddle across road sending large wave of water over us! :):d:)

• Like 1

And the new 7*15 1.2s with R1Rs felt good on the cold damp roads :)

(I should have been working but couldn't resist!)

Working

But out on Sunday

Lancashire weather permitting !!!

I was out in mine on new years day.  Just 100yards to turn the car round .  If the tank hadn't been just about empty I would have carried on much further :d

Did Whitchurch to Bala (via LLangollen) and back today, fantastic blue sky day................!!!!!

• Like 1

And the new 7*15 1.2s with R1Rs felt good on the cold damp roads :)

(I should have been working but couldn't resist!)

Went out in mine today - same with new 1.2s with R1Rs and it was great. 

Went out in mine today - same with new 1.2s with R1Rs and it was great. 

I saw you near the roundabout by Parkway. Looked freezing but great fun.

• Like 1

Did you Jeff? That was indeed me. Guessing that was about an hour ago?

Had a few thumbs up today from bikers who were also braving the cold. I did okay but on the drive home I had to put a hat on! Its only cold on the hands - yet to find gloves that give good grip.

Did you Jeff? That was indeed me. Guessing that was about an hour ago?

Had a few thumbs up today from bikers who were also braving the cold. I did okay but on the drive home I had to put a hat on! Its only cold on the hands - yet to find gloves that give good grip.

I find Mountain Biking gloves seem to work well; good grip, good feel, plus you can get versions for all seasons, right up to insulated wet weather versions.

Only one thing to remember though, if you've got a suede rimmed wheel, you really need a suede palmed glove.

Suede rimmed wheel is 'in the post' to me right now so I need to bear that in mind - thanks

The overnight rain didn't clear the roads where we are. Although the roads were dry they are still covered with salt. 

We got out for a short run yesterday in the afternoon sun. Dry roads but a bit windy, blowing the car about a bit. Great fun though!!!

I find Mountain Biking gloves seem to work well; good grip, good feel, plus you can get versions for all seasons, right up to insulated wet weather versions.

Only one thing to remember though, if you've got a suede rimmed wheel, you really need a suede palmed glove.

I'll add to that and say, buy gloves that have the gauntlet type design, the shaped extension covers the cuffs on your coat so the wind doesn't blow cold air up your sleeves and round your back. If you use short close to your wrist type, the wind will go up your sleeve however tight the cuff is. 

like this GL73_fleece_gloves.jpg

• Like 1