How about a "can i borrow" section?

TAFKARM

I'm about to ask if anyone in the Essex crew has a brake pipe flarer I can borrow - and thought it might be useful if we had a subforum for these requests?

There are loads of engine crane borrowing threads etc...?

• Like 3

Sounds a great idea, I think in the Essex Area we have most things covered. 

Not sure what the best/safest way to achieve this on the forum (probably in the Members Only Area), maybe a post for each Area with a username so the member can be contacted.

Any other ideas?

I hava a brake flarer you can borrow, but a bit of a trek over to Maldon for you? Don't suppose anyone has a dual channel digital storage oscilloscope??

In the members area, then at least we have some security around who's using our stuff...

Mike - thanks very much! Maldon isn't too far, or I could get it at the next meet?

What say you mods?

It's a good idea but personally speaking I'm not convinced that the number of such requests on the forum (1-2 a month ?) warrants them having a dedicated area of the forum of it's own.

It's been said before that creating too many sub-forums makes searching and finding threads much more difficult and IMO the Members only area is already under-used compared to other parts of the boardroom (only 16 new threads started in last 3 months). At the moment this seems to be as good place as any for such requests to be made unless demand increases.

All IMO, others may have a different view :)

Locally we seem to have a good deal of tool borrowing already.  Some of us have each others phone numbers and just dial a tool when required or we ask at the Monthly meet.

I just call Pete G as he has just about everything :love:

Most of the Essex boys know I have a crane, trailer lots of other bits as well. 

There you go Mike has the Brake flarer for you, sorted.