Has anyone lost Sky TV

Geoffrey Carter (Buttercup)

Hello all.

We have been two days with no TV.

I have done the various rebuilds of the planner and the hard system reset but it Keeps saying that the box is initialising and then that we have no signal.

Just wondering if anyone has the same issue.

Has yer dish fallen off the wall? vegetation blocking the satellite signal or the plugs corroded on the LNB? Check the obvious first.  

You could go back to an aerial on Freeview, less complicated, and free as well.

Two days ago yes? The timing is right. Could have been a hit and run by Santa's sleigh on the satellite. :xmas:

Sorry, hope you can get it sorted. Jen

Hello Sooty and Jen.

Yes checked the dish and cables and all looks ok.

On the sky forums there appears to be a number of people with the same issue where they have had snow.

However we have had no snow here at all.

My neighbour lost his xmas day

That was probably a godsend I should think

• Like 1

Borrow a neighbours/friends skybox and plug that up at home, at least it will prove your TV and dish is ok.

Whatever it was got my phone as well!  Android has left the room

Borrow another box, is the simplest test.  They do fail, especially if left unplugged.  If you're getting the "No signal" box, it may be the LNB, or lack of a dc feed to it, which is a bad/loose plug, or a dc fail in the box.  Do check the menu in case its switched itself off (switch it off and back on again).  And if one of those reindeer rubbed up against the dish, it may be pointing in the wrong direction.