New Member: Westfield Sport Jubilee

jellyfish

A big HELLO to everyone! I'm new to the scene, so have very little experience or knowledge of Westies, but make up for this in pure admiration!

I thought long and hard, having decided to buy a 7, and was stuck between "get a cheap one, and get over the fad" and "only the best will do". Well - my decision was kinda made for me due to being 6'3", size 13 shoe, and frankly a bit fat... Only a wide bodied, lowered floor, steep steering column car would do.

Timing couldn't have been better - some investments were coming good, the kit car show at Donnington was coming up... time to try some 7's on for size. And so I met my baby... The Westfield Sport Jubilee.

I bought from Toybox Cars, and could not be happier... If anyone wants to know about Toybox, get in touch, but be warned - I have nothing but praise!

The car will be used as my second car, but will be used as much as possible. I am more than aware of my limitations as a driver, so am avoiding wet weather (not because I care about getting wet, but more because of my rather vulgar right foot control).

I'm a North West Leicestershire lad, and would like to attend a few meets and club sessions, but I'm not a pureist or dedicated enthusiast... I'll change spark plugs myself, but won't do anything too oily or technical (again, a knowing limitations thing).

Hope to get out and meet some of you all soon, and hope you'll welcome me as a driver, rather than a builder.

I've a couple of things to look at on the car - a good old inspection of torques, lines, welds etc, and an engine inspection and tune (I feel the Duratec on KMS throttle bodies should be capable of more than I am getting right now).

If any members live in the NW Leicestershire area, give me a shout!

Thanks for reading!

Hi there and welcome…I'm sure the guys will let you know when the meets are...

Post up a few photos when you get settled in... :ww:

Welcome! Best club around :t-up: And you don't have to be a master builder to own a Westfield :d

We need pictures!

Hi,welcome to the group.Sounds like you have got yourself a car with a bit of ooomph!I have just bought my second Westie from Toybox,Andrew is a great bloke to deal with,extremely helpful.Get yourself on one of the Westfield Experience Days,they are held at Donington Race Track,not too far from you.There is a post on this forum for a cut price offer from Wowcher. :ww:

Welcome to the club!

I started off as a driver, but you'll find yourself tinkering more and more...

I've a couple of things to look at on the car - a good old inspection of torques, lines, welds etc, and an engine inspection and tune (I feel the Duratec on KMS throttle bodies should be capable of more than I am getting right now).

Don't know if this thread helps

http://forum.wscc.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic/86191-anyone-with-kms-duratec/

FWIW, my Duratec on cheap GSXR TBs only does about 165bhp...

:ww:  You're pretty close to the Derby and Notts area; They meet the last Thursday of the month at the Clock, Shardlow. Garry Bunn is the AO, and a lovely busy Area it is!

To the North of you, you've also got the new Peak District Area, who will be having their first official monthly meeting at The Strines Pub out in the countryside near Sheffield tomorrow morning, Julie Hall is the Peak District AO.

We have all sorts of members in the club, from those that use the cars to tour in Europe, through to those that compete. Some are terrifyingly technically competent, some are more into detailing, and some just want to drive!

All are most welcome, we love the variety so many different interests and pursuits brings!

• Like 2

Hello.

I am also new to the club and you will enjoy it here.

There is none of the nasty replies like "search noob" as in other forums and some of the members give such long replies over and over again on the same subject yet new complain.

I am like yourself and don't touch the car as I know my limitations and much prefer to pay someone to do the work so I can drive and enjoy.

You really will fit in here and enjoy your membership.

As BCF says previously the best club around for help, advice, and the odd bit of "banter" . Welcome and get those pics up  :yes:  :yes:  :ww:

• Like 1

Welcome,

Sounds like a lovely car and definately need to see some pictures. Just recently joined the club with my newly purchased sport with kms ecu and duratec engine too!! I did exactly the same thing as you ending up looking at both ends of the used car spectrum and ended up buying almost new.

Mapping was done by nms too and I have graphs showing 199bhp on throttle bodies which feels very pokey on the road.

My knowledge of cars sounds like it goes about as far as yours. Im just having my car checked over as we speak so looking forward to getting it back as good as new tomorrow!!

Enjoy your ownership and drop me a message if you want to see th before and after graphs or have any other questions.

Ben

Wow!

Thanks all for the warm welcome!

I'd seen the meets at Shardlow - reckon I'll gate crash one as soon as weather permits.

Due to circumstances not entirely beyond my control, I have recently found myself with more time on my hands to play with the boys toys, so can't wait to get out and about. Particularly now that the passenger seat is empty!

I've been reading the forum pages, and am impressed and reassured by the questions and answers. I'm sure I'll get all the help I need from you guys.

My Westie is a beautiful creation, and I'll get pictures up soon. She came with a dyno chart showing 175bhp, but I dont know if that was before or after throttle bodies, or at the flywheel or rear wheels. She is quick, don't get me wrong, maybe I just don't realise how quick (my daily runaround is a Renaultsport Megane R26, running 265bhp!). The Westie IS quicker, and maybe I just need to learn to drive her properly as an n/a rather than the turbo I am used to.

Jellyfish the r26 is also a great car, I took mine to the Ring a few years ago and it too was running around 270bhp tuned by k-tec, I found it to be faster than most of m3s and older 911s on track at the same time. I think it's definately under rated and much better then people give it credit for. I really enjoyed the car while I had it.

Saying that I love the rawness of the westie and I'm sure you will too.

Just to add my duratec was dyno'd 170bhp at the wheels with kms ecu, throttle bodies and cams upgraded. That was 200bhp at the fly. I'm pretty sure westfield advertise the standard sport 2000 duratec with a 0-60 of 4.2secs so it's bound to be much quicker than the megane even if the lack of torque makes the margin feel less.

The R26 is an amazing car, but has led me into bad habits... relying on the traction control and the ABS too much. Stepping into the Westie was a shock to say the least - applying normal pressure to the brake pedal resulted in nothing more than engine braking, followed by panic, followed by locked up fronts!! I've no doubt that when I get my confidence with the Westie, I'll be more than happy!

Here's some quick pics of her (if I have not wasted the last hour figuring out how to upload images!!!)...

DSC 0090 20141221154554745

DSC 0112 20141221154535716

• Like 1