Oulton Park this Friday - anyone else there?

AdamR

Just seeing if anyone else is booked onto Oulton this Friday?

Looks like it will be dry, but very very cold so gonna be a slippy one :)

Adam

Maybe he's not thawed out yet.......

Haha. It was alright actually! A set of latex gloves under the normal driving gloves and a motorbike onesie and I was warm enough :)

Twas a good day to be fair, good manners on track and only 55 booked on. Standard December Oulton Park ice rink in the morning made it fun. There were a couple of stoppages, including one - just as the track had pretty much dried - where a 3 series got stuck in the mud on the outside of Island bend (quite a scary off I assume!), and a tractor needed to trundle down to pull it out. Typically it started raining again as we were sat in the queue, scuppering any chance of a dry session, but I didn't mind too much.

Also managed to get some free instruction from Mike Wilds (currently in his 50th year of 'paid' racing, did a bit of F1 in the 70s and his son used to race in the Westfield series) who was very complimentary about how well the car was set up and even about my driving (still gave me some good tips though!), which was very kind.

Have some video which I should be able to stick up later today.

Would really like to get along to more of the WSCC nominated days next year :t-up:

Your a brave man mate, way too cold for me this time of year

It's not too bad on track - short stints gives the fingers time to recover!

Here's the vid:

• Like 3

Very much so Steve! What I had calculated beforehand turned out pretty much spot on too (in terms of how stiff to run the bars, as conditions changed, to maximise reaction times while still keeping the chassis and cambers under control), which was surprising. The bars will ideally need a bit more stiffness for bone dry / warm conditions but I have more tube coming next week to work on that. Using the current set through their full range of adjustment in one day gave me some good ideas about how to ensure the final setup is easily adjustable too :)