Le Mans 2015

lewis

I agree; it would be nice to get a few cars together. certainly a convoy if the travel times suit. I will be leaving early on the Thursday.

Would love to go to this in the Westy but from the NE of Scotland that's a major trip!! 

• 1 month later...

I've just booked my camping at White Rabbit Racing. Only 2 places available so if you want to stay there book quick :)

When do you travel? I will be travelling on the Thursday and hoping to tag along with Dave_t on a mini convoy.

I'm probably going on the Thursday and driving back up on Monday. I haven't decided on the ferry or the train or times yet though.

Ok, me too Thursday to Monday. Will leave anytime up to midday. Will see how it works out nearer the time.

I changed my booking so I didn't have to leave too early. Will be on the 10:50 Eurotunnel on Wednesday 10th, returning at 17:20 on Monday 15th. Will leave London around 7:30/8am.

• 3 months later...

How are everyone's plans progressing? 

We are booked onto the Tunnel first thing (10:50) on Thursday, returning on 16:50 on Monday.  We are booked into a hotel nearby on Weds evening, and will be driving down to the Tunnel early evening on Weds.

Anyone still up for a convoy? :d

Do be careful.  Following the Charlie Hebdo incident, there is expected to be a far greater police presence.  Something like this is announced most years, but there were Gendarmes on most road junctions one year.  I'd never seen so many pump action shotguns.

Also, they're building a new tramline to the north and north-west of Arnage and digging up the roads, so the ring-road may be a bit congested.

My crossing is at the tunnel on Thursday at 10.06am but will aim to get there at 8ish. A convoy will be great!

You'll probably be across well before us if you arrive at 8! We'll be arriving just before our crossing time. Do you want to try to catch up on the French side?

I wish my car was ready, the IVA is going to be after the IVA now. Not much point in me being in the convoy in the BMW.

• Like 1

Just being a little cautious with the journey to the tunnel as I am picking up my mate in central London so want to give myself plenty of time just in case.

If we manage to get there around 8am we'll cross and catch up on the French side. Otherwise we'll wait for you at the tunnel. I'll pm my phone no.

Lewis, there is always next year? Good luck with the IVA