Le Mans 2015

lewis

Is anyone else planning the trip next year? I booked my general access tickets last night and also for the first time I'm getting grandstand tickets too. Went for tribune 15, chinetti, on the front row so may not protect from the rain but at least I won't have to guard my usual spot at Tertre Rouge for 3 hours before the race like usual.

I'm going to camp near the track with White Rabbit Racing (http://www.whiterabbitracing.co.uk). Its a private campsite in between the track and Arnage village and it's for people who go for the racing and not the wild west party camping at the track itself. I also liked the idea of it because it's away from the main crowd it will be safe to leave the Westfield parked there (assuming it's built and registered in time!). The campsite is paid by car and not per person and it's £310 per car until 31/01/2015 then goes up to £350 but if you group book then its 5 cars for the price of 4.

I'll be driving down on the Thursday and leaving on the Monday (potentially going to drive over to Austria for the F1 the following weekend then back to the UK, is that too much driving in a Westfield in a two week period?!)

Would love to go next year but don't think its going to happen , although we are definately doing the Classic in 2016 , the pistonheads enclosure looked pretty good with all the herris fencing around it and full facilities plus guarded we thought that could be better for next time . 

Traffic on a Thursday afternoon going to the main campsites was horrendous , however not having been before didn't think it was going to be that bad but over 3.5hrs stuck in solid traffic was not pleasant as well as running on fumes . 

We thought that next time we would do a night ferry and get there early morning or go on the Wedensday , although you could say its all part of the experience . 

I'm going and staying in a B&B in Luceau (a place I've stayed a few times in the past) which is about half an hour's drive to the circuit. I will also be driving down on Thursday and will be driving back on the Monday. Want to travel down together? I'm yet to book my crossing. Anyone else going?

There were vacancies at the B&B when I booked and it was €520- per room- 2 people sharing. I can make enquiries if anyone is interested. See link http://www.chambresdhotes.org/english/Detailed/59.html

I'm heading down again next year (2015) not sure yet where we are staying yet, we booked with pistinheads this year and it was a good deal ferry secure camping in an inclosed compound it keep the rifraf out (Julian was just outside the fence so I told security to keep an eye on him lol) it also included food and and a bar, big screen and guest speakers,It was a good deal but the food.... Let's say OK, and it was only a short walk to the circuit

Has anyone looked onto joining the ACO? Its €105 to join and you get discount on tickets, merchandise parking and excess to there hospitality.

We've also stayed at Houx, houx annex and the huge site just up from porker curves

Also have any of you WEC fans done Silverstone that's a good weekend and the tickets are only about £35 with two 6 hour races ELMS on the Saturday and WEC on the Sunday and there's also camping at Whittlebury hall

We're going to go if Jenson Button is racing I think! Probably try and book with WRR as I know the one of the guys that runs it from years back.

The ACO hospitality at the pit entrance this year was huge and excellent just they close over night which was s disappointment.

We did Silverstne this year and it was great apart from the weather, we stayed at Dadford Road camp site.

The ACO hospitality at the pit entrance this year was huge and excellent just they close over night which was s disappointment.

We did Silverstne this year and it was great apart from the weather, we stayed at Dadford Road camp site.

Thats the only problem with the new date at Silverstone it's a bit early in the year and still a bit cold for camping it was better when it was in August

I'll be going to Silverstone for the 6 hours but will be in the tin top. Also been thinking about the 6 hours of Spa.

We're going to go if Jenson Button is racing I think! Probably try and book with WRR as I know the one of the guys that runs it from years back.

Maybe you can negotiate a WSCC discount?  ;)

I'll be going to Silverstone for the 6 hours but will be in the tin top. Also been thinking about the 6 hours of Spa.

Maybe you can negotiate a WSCC discount? ;)

spa is excellent I went out last year for it the only problem was with the camping I could only find one site near the circuit it was only about a 10 minute walk complete with swimming pool and we only paid €40 for 5 of us and there was also a bar there and it was called the racing hotel ... What's the problem with that I hear you ask!

Photos to follow

Campsite at Spa

2012-05-04%2021.00.46_zpsn6sjlviq.jpg

2012-05-04%2021.01.29_zps0rujk7qa.jpg

2012-05-04%2021.02.05_zps2eabc2tl.jpg

2012-05-04%2021.02.51_zpsmhkoqx4v.jpg

2012-05-04%2021.03.02_zps7qvd19xg.jpg

2012-05-04%2021.03.15_zpsjafru9z5.jpg

2012-05-04%2021.03.36_zpslsy3azma.jpg

2012-05-04%2021.04.18_zpsrpkeztxb.jpg

Sorry but I haven't got any of the toilet /shower block as I couldn't stand in there long enough to take a photo as the fumes in there would melt your eyes out of your head...

Le Mans also booked, however I'll be in the tin top as we are of to Austria for the F1 the weekend after. Not sure my back could take 2500 miles in the Westfield!! At 20 mpg on a good day I could not afford the fuel bill either.

:-)

Also booked onto Le Mans. This will be the second year for me. I went over in the Westy last year and enjoyed it so much that I'm going again!

Staying in the Travel Destinations site, over using the Tunnel early on Thurs and back on the Mon.

Only see one Westy (other than mine) there last year!

......Only see one Westy (other than mine) there last year!

Sadly, decent cars and car clubs seem to be a thing of the past.  They tend to go to the Classic now, leaving the 24 heures to the chavs and Danish Techno music fans

It would be nice to get a few cars from the club together. If not camping at WRR I once stayed about 30mins from the track at Château de Chanteloup which is cheaper.

I also booked tickets for the 6 Hours of Silverstone last night. They have an offer on where the first 2000 people to buy a weekend or Sunday ticket also get free Sunday pit walk access (which I think was open to all last year).