Lease Car Negotiations Help

Young Pretender

Hi, some advice would be welcome from any sesoned contract hire users. 

It's not something I've done before but for variuos reasons it suits my circumstances so I am going to go this route.  I have also found the car I'm interested in and I'm ready to put pen to paper subject to agreeing a price - which is where I can do with some help.  Google search brings up a lot of american info so I though t I would reach out to you good lot.

On the one hand I read that whatever the financing arrangements (cash, finance, pcp, contract hire etc) everything starts off with a list price which is negotiable before discussing what financing option you will take.

In practice though, I am finding this to be untrue.  Various online discounters that offer what I pressume are good discounts ('Which?' identied one that offers 12%) will not offer me contract hire.  To quote the chap that I was talking to, he said that I shouldn't expect any contract hire arrangement to negotiate anyhting more that a few pounds discount per month.  Similarly, I've called a few main dealerships and I'm led to believe that their margins on lease deals don't leave them much scope for movement. 

So please help equip me with your recent, real world experiences and tips so I know when/if I get offered a good deal tomorrow.

I used a personal contract plan as a self employed person and negotiated good discounts on my VW Passat Estate. 3 year plan with option to buy at the end---which I did!

Terry, do you recall if you negotiated on the list price of the vehicle or was it on some other aspect of the agreement?

From memory I negotiated the best deal I could which included "free" upgrades and extras as well as a reduced list price

Hi,

I am a Group Fleet Sales manager for a large VW dealer and spend all day sorting and offering contract hire deals, both business and personal. To put it onto this board would take me forever but if you want to pm me a contact number I would be quite happy to talk you through aspects of this type of funding and if you are looking at a Volkswagen supply very competitive quotes.

Ian

• Like 2

Do I get a cut of the commission? :d