St Goueno Hillclimb France 2015

windy

If there are a few people wanting to go as spectators, perhaps we could double up spectators with drivers and share some of the transport costs. win / win.

Also makes sense for two to book a commodore class cabin and get the free drinks / breakfast and the proper beds rather than bunks

This sounds like a brilliant trip! Hopefully I can join in whatever capacity. Commodore'a cabin Mr Birch... Free g&t :-) happy days.... I might have to brush off my beret and Breton shirt.....

Discount on ferry offers available on uphillracers for anyone that wants it. Linky here - hope the mods don't mind! http://www.uphillracers.com/showthread.php/brittany-ferries-st-goueno-2015-10268.html

I've not booked anything yet pending decisions on ferry and accommodation from eveyone else. I'm well up for joining everyone in a convoy / digs. 

Accommodation was easy this year, it was just a case of emailing Anne Lessard and she arranged it all for the competitors.  

We stayed in a nice old farmhouse about 10mins drive away. The local navette comes and collects the drivers and support crew whenever you want to transport you to / from St Goueno so there's no need to worry about who is driving in the evenings.  

There were some people camping at the venue - to be honest the accommodation was such good value and the locals so friendly it was almost a no brainer to stay in a nice place instead of in a field. 

Windy,

Was there room in the paddock for a motor home and trailer?

Paul  The spaces were plenty large enough for trailer, tow car and competition car.  I have a picture somewhere.

Having said that the cost of local accommodation is so cheap (I think £30 a night) that it might be cheaper (given price of the crossing) to just take a regular tow car and stay locally.

David

Thanks David,

Yes I was considering that option, a bit depends if Carol comes along and if she does then we will make a bit of a holiday of the trip and stay on in France longer with the motor home.

Portsmouth / Caen on the Wednesday prior and coming back on the Tuesday afternoon Ferry, making a bit of as break of it with SWMBO.

Booked via the golf link on the uphill racers link, very straightforward and a decent price

:-) heheheh - i may be coming to look after cheerleading and dancing girls....

Are you taking up Davids offer of the Commodore cabin, James  :oops:

Portsmouth / Caen on the Wednesday prior and coming back on the Tuesday afternoon Ferry, making a bit of as break of it with SWMBO.

Booked via the golf link on the uphill racers link, very straightforward and a decent price

I think I've agreed to a slightly different crossing with Windy, that's Portsmouth to St Malo night crossing on Wednesday 27th return crossing the following Monday ( swmbo has to get back to for work, well someone's got to pay for our weekend away  :laugh: )

Not sure if we'll be camping in the paddock or booking a gité, I guess Mrs H will want some form of basic comforts so a gité it'll probably be  ;)