New member in South Wales

mattycoops43

Hi there.

My name is Matt and I am from Newport in South Wales.

I have joined up because I am on the hunt for information. Me and a friend are Old Ford fans that build custom motorbikes and restore old cars together. We have been asked to get another friends Westfield going which currently has a burton tuned 1.6 crossflow in it but it's suspected as being worn out. 

Anyway, not going into detail here, just saying hi and that I am hoping I can get some opinions on a replacement engine or what to do with what we have. I will post details in the relevant place.

We have never owned a Westfield, and our problem generally is we don't know what bits people use for powertrain and what are the best options for engines etc.

Hopefully I will see people around, would love to meet up with anyone local to us.

Thanks

Matt

Hi Matt, no doubt I'm pretty local to you, as I'm based in Newport too !

Lots of info on here regarding engines etc etc from crossflow to bike engined cars ( sorry, the 'mighty crossflow' ; )

• Like 1

Welcome Matt, there's a wealth of cross flow and old school Ford info on here, some time spent with the search engine will give you loads of background information, but don't be put off asking either! 

Welcome matt, I will look forward to the re-birth of your mighty cross flow--- have fun :-)