New Member, Placed order for Kit today

Valentinik

Hi, My names Mike from Tamworth. This morning i took the trip over to westfield and placed the order for my first kit. I decided to go for an FW body, wide track font suspension with westfield complete front uprights with callipers.

I've already got the engine in the garage which i've started working on, its an ST150 Duratec fitted with a mk3 5speed mx5 gearbox. Westfield apparently don't do a chassis to suit this setup, so i'l be doing a little modification to the chassis when it arrives to accommodate the gearbox mount. The engine will be fitted with a set of gsxr1000 itbs which i've already got and run an MS3 ecu.

Could anyone point me in the direction of any group/meets in the birmingham/tamworth/leicester area?

Thanks

Mike

Hi Mike and  :ww:

There are quite a few Westfield owners in Tamworth and the surrounding area. Warwickshire area meetings are the one that most attend but I also go to the Derby and Notts meetings and the Black Country meetings. Message me if you want to meet up to attend one of the meetings.

Martyn 

Isn't Tamworth the home of that other mighty Fibreglass monster, the Reliant Robin???

:ww: 

Hi Mike and welcome. Sounds like you've got an interesting project lined up; we'd all love to hear more, if you get a chance, do please pop a build thread up in the Tech section!  ;)  :yes: 

As Martyn said, there's a few areas around you, you'll be made most welcome at all of them - you don't have to pick just one.  :d 

Thanks guys, yeah i will be putting a project thread up shortly. I've started work on the engine already.

This is the first kit car i've built but the last project i did was a mk1 MX5 with a fully forged 1.6 engine and a MP90 supercharger from a Roush Mustang, running around 300bhp when i'd finished.

If anyones interested this is the build thread for it:

http://www.mx5nutz.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=91077

Mike

Isn't Tamworth the home of that other mighty Fibreglass monster, the Reliant Robin???

Yes Craig that is correct! Don't forget the other 3 wheeled super car….. the Bond Bug :laugh:

Re-used bricks from the Reliant factory when building my garage :suspect:

I thought I recognised your username

:ww:

don't go getting any more ideas Gary :d

Welcome to the club Mike :ww: i'm looking forward to reading about your build cool:

I've already got the engine in the garage which i've started working on, its an ST150 Duratec fitted with a mk3 5speed mx5 gearbox. Westfield apparently don't do a chassis to suit this setup

It might be worth checking but I was under the impression that the Sport Turbo ST3 uses both the gearbox and differential from the Mk3 MX5. That being the case most of the parts you need to mount the gearbox should be available off the shelf.

It might be worth checking but I was under the impression that the Sport Turbo ST3 uses both the gearbox and differential from the Mk3 MX5. That being the case most of the parts you need to mount the gearbox should be available off the shelf.

Thanks mark, they do indeed use the mx5 box and diff in the sport turbo. I had a look underneath one on some stands at the factory yesterday, but they inform me the chassis on the sport turbo, is a totally different item to the one they will supply me with. The are willing to supply me with the gearbox mount they use, but this will only be for me to copy/alter as it will be no use with my chassis.