Harness mounting

Steve M

Hello all, having ordered Sabelt clubman harnesses for my 2007 seiw, I've looked on the Westfield factory site for a mounting kit, but can't see anything

I'm guessing there are points already on my chassis, but do I need specific spacers or bolts ?

The ends on my harnesses are just normal seat belt mounting ends, not quick release from what I can see

Thanks in advance

Steve

• Like 1

Hi Steve

Not sure about your 2007 but my 1998 needed to go back to the factory for them to weld them in place as mine had seatbelts initially. Maybe yours being newer has them already?

Cheers Jon

The mounting bosses have been standard on most chassis variants for some years. I'd expect yours to have them, though if it's never had harnesses, the should strap bosses will be concealed by the front edge of the boot box. You might have to remove the seats to get at the mounting bosses for the harnesses.

The online shop's range is constantly expanding, but even so, there's lots of items not on their.  It's always best to phone or email the parts department.

As for fitting kits, there isn't one really; the required parts are supplied with the harnesses when bought from Westfield, so again it's just a question of ringing up and explaining what you need. That said, as far as I know, all Westfield harnesses use clip on shoulder straps, so the factory supply the appropriate eye bolts and spacers for these. So you may need bolts instead.

Meant to add, McGill Motorsports are very handy for parts like these, but you have to know what individual parts you want

The mounting "tubes" should be welded to the top of the bulkhead chassis rail (behind the seats as mentioned) - mine are quite long and take the 2 inch eye bolt like these http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/motorsport/harness-eye-bolts-plates/race-safety-accessories-2-inch-harness-eye-bolt-7-16-unf-thread (with spacers about 1/2 inch long to raise bolts clear of the boot box moulding).

Harness bolts were typically 7/16 UNF and you may find the tube thread a bit stiff if it's never been used before (some copper grease helps) .