I wonder if this would harm kits and/or classics?

Lyonspride

given jeffs view, cant wait for driver less cars. i can just sit there and let someone else/thing drive me to work for 40 mins while i snooze or read and not have to deal with all the *swearing moderated* on the bridge and in speke.

You are not the first to say that. The problem at present is that the law as it stands is too wide to allow them. If you just sit there are you in charge of the car? What about having a drink, you are not driving legal? There has been a lot of discussion and it all seems to go along the lines of, I can do other things whilst the car takes me there without a thought for the what if's.

Here is something even more scary. Mercedes have ready to roll autonomus artic units. the haulage business would love them. No tacho to worry about, no double manning just send it out from depot A to depot B and it gets unloaded by people at the other end, what could possibly go wrong?

Here is something even more scary. Mercedes have ready to roll autonomus artic units. the haulage business would love them. No tacho to worry about, no double manning just send it out from depot A to depot B and it gets unloaded by people at the other end, what could possibly go wrong?

Well at least they might not overtake each other with 0.5mph difference in speed, watch TV, text, or wander out of lane...

Part of my reply was a little tongue in cheek, it's not much of a stones throw to suggest we have some sort of larger automated car thing that stops at regular places to allow an exchange of users.....

For me I'd be happy to try one out. I'd much rather use a train/bus to get to work. but don't like the idea of cramped naff seats, neither is convenient for me, and they cost too much. So the concept of get in my nice automated car and Press the go to work button and sit back sounds great. Half way home I think hang on I need to go to bargain booze and I take control and stop for prosecco.

Well at least they might not overtake each other with 0.5mph difference in speed, watch TV, text, or wander out of lane...

That sounds like seriously good news

That sounds like seriously good news

Until a small annoying child with a laptop starts playing for real with them after hacking into the system. Look how easy it is to steal keyless cars now. So many top end cars are stolen by capturing the data when the button is pressed.