Twas A Wet Day......

Nemesis

Well I took the plunge (no pun intended) and headed off to Oulton Park on Friday..... the rain was Biblical.....

Did 1 lap on my Toyo R888's and my only thoughts were "o dear this is slippy......."  & "no problem I've owned a Flymow for years"......

So end of lap one I put my 'Rain Tyres' on, just a humble set of Michelin Pilot Sport 3's......

Let me tell you..... I got very wet, mostly cold, and I fear, grew a few more grey hairs..... But I had an absolute blast, not a single car that wasn't on a cool down lap was overtaken by yours truly and I think even an old Opel Kadet had me on a strait......  I was overtaken buy a Ford Cruise Missile (I think it was some sort of RS Type Rally Car in a former life), nothing unusual there you might say..... but he was crabbing at at least 30 degrees as he passed me...... awesome!

Would I do it again in such erm.... 'challenging' conditions???? Too right I would..... where do I sign up..... what a great track with great facilities.

Enough of my babbling........ gotta go and find a bilge pump for the ASBO.....

Nem........ 

• Like 3

Its a cracking track and some some corners deserve respect, especially in the wet.

We're there on Wednesday with Trackaction Online.

Enjoyed my wet days at various tracks too - you probably learn more to be honest

I too remember being overtaken by a red diesel van at Cadwell :-/ although I think it was a serious bit of kit and well driven in my defence :-) grasping at straws yes!!!

I too remember being overtaken by a red diesel van at Cadwell :-/ although I think it was a serious bit of kit and well driven in my defence :-) grasping at straws yes!!!         

Admit it Cleggy, it was Postman Pat! :laugh:

Said, red van is no longer diesel powered.. it's now turbo petrol powered and no slower.. should be at Oulton on Wednesday chasing Matt. ;)

Feeling better about the whole thing now - might even cancel the counselling ;-)