Help Get Caterham F1 To Abu Dhabi

Captain Colonial

OK you lot, this item was sent to me by club intelligence.  It's an interesting concept and hopefully one that will work for them.  There's a lot at stake for a lot of talented people here in the UK, which is why I'm posting this.

(Let's kindly keep any smart :arse: "Cateringvan" comments out of the replies as well please and show the supporters and owners of other marques just how grown up we can be - thanks  :t-up: )

Click here

Caterham F1 Team launches #RefuelCaterhamF1: a chance to crowdfund the team’s return for the season finale in Abu Dhabi

Friday 7 November 2014:  The Caterham F1 Team is launching the #RefuelCaterhamF1 project today in order to power the team to go racing in Abu Dhabi and hopefully beyond. The team will reward both fans and sponsors in this unique opportunity to be the driving force behind the team by crowdfunding its return to the grid.

Companies and fans can get involved by heading to the Crowdcube website, www.crowdcube.com/caterham, and pledging the amount they wish to give, from just £10. Supporters will receive unique rewards, including a once in a lifetime opportunity to get your name on the Caterham F1 car competing in the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix. The opportunity to support Caterham F1’s return to the grid will close when it reaches its £2.350m funding target or Friday 14 November, whichever is sooner.

Finbarr O’Connell, Caterham Sports Limited administrator and interim Caterham F1 Team Principal: “We are working non-stop to get the Caterham F1 Team back racing and one of our most useful, innovative and effective options right now is crowdfunding. We want to get as many sponsors and fans as possible involved this week and make our comeback something we can all be part of. This team deserves a future and I’m sure that there are plenty of fans and companies out there that agree with us, so I can’t think of a better way to get us all together and show our support to the team than this one, the Caterham F1 Team #RefuelCaterhamF1 project.

“In order to make this happen, we’ve teamed-up with Crowdcube, the world’s leading crowdfunding platform, which has raised £45m for more than 150 organisations since 2011. If we don’t hit the target by next Friday, obviously the pledged funds will be returned, but right now we are hopeful for the future of the team and we are confident that the team showing the world that it can race again will lead to a bright future under a new owner on a proper financial footing.”

Mike Stubbs of Mishcon de Reya, legal adviser to the Administrator: “At Mishcon, we do a lot of ground breaking work for our F1 clients and for all clients . This initiative represents yet another advancement in the ever growing list of rescue options if you are prepared to think laterally.”

Darren Westlake, CEO of Crowdcube: “It's fantastic for Crowdcube to be able to support an iconic team in this way; helping Caterham F1 to continue doing what it does best. This is a unique opportunity for motorsport fans to be directly involved in the sport they love, getting behind the team and playing a part in powering them onto the grid - even putting their name on the car.”

I know you said no "cateringvan" comments but can we club together and get a westfield logo on the car, that's got to be worth £2000!!!!

• Like 2

£2.35M for one event!!!! :down:

To my embarrassment, I didn't know the difference between Dubai and Abu Dhabi.

So I spent a little time googling them.

Apparently, in Dubai they NEVER EVER show Flintstones cartoons,

but Abu-Dhabi-do

£2.35M for one event!!!! :down:

What a monumental waste of money. 

I think i'll just continue to give my spare cash to an actual charity that might help people less fortunate!

The scary reality is that the big teams spend about 5 times that per race.

To my embarrassment, I didn't know the difference between Dubai and Abu Dhabi.

So I spent a little time googling them.

Apparently, in Dubai they NEVER EVER show Flintstones cartoons,

but Abu-Dhabi-do

boom boom :laugh:

Some of my work colleagues often do stints in Abu Dhabi and are under strict instructions to not do the Flintstones joke. Doesn't go down very well apparently.

Confess I am with Russ on this one - my sympathies to the folk who are ending up looking for a job, naturally, but if they can't make a go of it, don't see why we should be propping them up. Personal choice of course.

Unfortunately I can't quite see what Caterham would want to achieve by being at the last race and coming last (one assumes). Very sad situation and one that Bernie has created with his greed and interference (along with CVC) - F1 has become so regulated and "politically correct" that all we have now are clones (and perhaps a lot of that is down to the FIA as well). Why not just get on with it and have a one make formula (that's certainly how it looks to be going).

As for the last race - if Hamilton doesn't win the title because of double points robbing him, I think an awful lot of people will switch off F1 completely.

:( :(

Crowdfunding a multi million pound business when Tony Fernandes could get them to the last race out of his pocket change? no thanks, they'd only get in the way of the other cars and bring the Caterham name into more disrepute than it already has....

Oh, and I hope Nico wins.... :p