Postal dispute advice.

Darrell O'Neill

Thanks again everyone.

I've emailed the customer services at RM a couple of days ago asking if they could confirm that as the sender it is my responsibility to make the claim. Ive also asked whether the online claim form is the correct procedure for this situation. Nothing back so far....

I think my position will be.... as soon as the 10-15days are up, i'll fill out the online claim for a loss, it was a secondhand item, so proving value could be a problem (but I have a bank statement showing the money paid into my bank) ... I then fully expect RM to refuse the claim as they will provide evidence of delivery. I shall then wipe my hands of the matter and inform the recipient that Ive done all I can.

Seems odd, that in theory someone could sign for an item at a delivery address with a false signature and false name and then claim that no delivery was made (if that's the case) it then comes back to the sender... How do I know the guy I sold the item didn't do this and now wants his money back whilst in receipt of the item...

In some ways I glad ebay weren't involved, but we shall see.

Good Luck. Going to be really interesting to see how it pans out.

My brother in law bought a camera through e-bay and it was supposedly delivered and signed for.  However, it wasn't delivered to my brother in law.  He asked RM for a copy of the signature, and although the signature was his name, it was not in his handwriting.  It might be worth your buyer requesting to see the signature.

I'm not sure of the eventual outcome, ask Howard...