Bloomin Frozen & why dont people wave.

Geoffrey Carter (Buttercup)

Hello All.

Well its 00.43 and just got in from a blast out in buttercup and we are bloomin frozen. lol.

Went into Scarborough for breakfast today and stayed a while and then on a whim came plan B.

We drove over to Hawes and from there over to Blackpool to see the lights and just got back to Scarborough.

Passed a few cars of a similar style to a Westfield today and I waved to them all but no-one waved back.

Not sure if people are miseries or what but should you wave or not.

Going now as my fingers are like ice and my ears are ringing like church bells.

Sounds like you had a good run out, maybe it was too early/late for pleasantries but then again manners cost nowt. The Hawes area is stunning but in the dark was there anything to see or I guess you were just enjoying the empty roads.

A trouble and incident free run out, brilliant.

Bob :d

If I see anything even remotely not 'run of the mill' when I'm out in the Westie I always wave and 99% of the time get a wave back.

Not sure why you didn't get any responses, was the light failing, perhaps folk didn't see.

Although Buttercup being bright yellow kind off makes you hard to miss...

Glad you had a good run.

I've noticed the same, not sure what that's all about. I've noticed the chance of a wave quite possibly depends on whether said driver has the missus in the passenger seat :p

Back in 2000ish, a lot Westfield owners I met were quite snobbish, if it wasn't brand new and wasn't powered by a 600bhp engine, then you got shunned at local meets. People buying older pre-built cars were not regarded very highly at all and in many ways the WSCC boardroom was not a hell of a lot different.

The club is now feeling much more relaxed and welcoming of all Westfield (and even non-Westfield) owners, regardless of the cars age/spec or anything else for that matter.

BUT I can't help feeling that others outside the WSCC, see us as being a bit like how Caterham owners were perceived 10 years ago (and probably still are).

Then there are those who drive things like Cobra replica's (DAX, etc), these people probably don't want to admit they're driving a kit car.

• Like 1

Since owning a westfield, (2 months ) and covering 900 miles, which reminds me I must up my expected annual mileage with the insurance company ! ; )

I haven't passed or seen one kit car on the road, maybe not many in the south Wales area : (

I have had the odd nod from a passing biker though : )

Morning Men.

When we travelled to Hawes it was daylight so people could see us clearly... I am more surprised they did not hear us first though. hahaha.

Coming back was such a blast on the motorway. we were frozen to death but singing really rude songs at the top of our voices to keep our spirits up.

Whilst at Blackpool we travelled from south to  north and once you get past the tower there are no amusements or anything but the lights in my opinion are 100 times better.

they are like big massive, animated billboards and I wondered how many people don't bother to see them as that side of Blackpool appears "boring".

We did have some idiots though in a car in front playing head banging type music and it was so loud it was ridiculous.......a bit like our cars.

I shared a thumbs up with a Cobra rep owner on Saturday. 

but thats enough about my personal life.

Westy or other kit cars no problem, the Caterham drivers don't seem to though - I see plenty living in Crawley too!

I opt for the' they didn't see me 'til too late' view though as I don't believe in getting in a grumpy war!

"Passed a few cars of a similar style to a Westfield today and I waved to them all but no-one waved back."

Thats how i identify a genuine caterham :)

"Back in 2000ish, a lot Westfield owners I met were quite snobbish, if it wasn't brand new and wasn't powered by a 600bhp engine, then you got shunned at local meets. People buying older pre-built cars were not regarded very highly at all and in many ways the WSCC boardroom was not a hell of a lot different."

Thats exactly how i felt the first time i attended a meet - very clicky

I pulled up like a dog with two Ds in my newly acquired westy and walked over towards the group huddled round a car

Not one acknowledged me

There is a thread running on locost builders saying exactly the same - westfield owners are seen in the same way we see caterham owners

Especially by robin hood owners - mind due !!

I do t think ive ever seen another 7 when out blatting,apart from events

Climb into the van and theyre everywhere,wondering why this idiot in the vito is staring at them grinning :)

most seven/kit wave around these parts - often get a nod from Elise and Exige owners too :t-up:

• Like 1

most seven/kit wave around these parts - often get a nod from Elise and Exige owners too :t-up:

Yup, much the same here, Caterham drivers too.

Morgan owners never wave...... I think it's it's a class thing!

Most morgan owners are that old they probably cant see or hear you :)