Winnats Pass, Peak District run out, 12th October

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

Meeting 11am at The Strines pub for a coffee first then a run along the Winnats Pass for lunch at the Yonderman cafe. Then we will make it up as we go along.

So far we have Tuonokid Mark 1 and Mark 2, and Tricky.

Sorry it is starting a bit late but it will give time for the fog to lift/ warm up.

Everybody welcome as usual.

Damn, damn, damn; got to get the car on the road! These are all som of my favourite roads, would love to have come.  :( 

Well hurry along then Dave. We are going on holiday next Saturday but after that the pace of outings will only slow when it snows. So there will be loads of opportunity for you to show off your new car and make us all jealous.

Crowdecote is on the list too and we can always come and do a pick up at the Cat and Fiddle. Can't wait for you to join us.

The plan is to go East to West and now I have seen this sunshine we are going for Crowdecote today, so after the Yonderman cafe we will go to Ashford in the Water-Bakewell-Monyash to pick up the A515 down to Hartington and loop round to Longnor.

Pick us up at any convenient point. I will PM my mobile number to you.

You've been spotted...

Hi Martin,

Just back from a morning blat, saw some of your members I think, including at least one of the cars that came to our meeting the other month - just coming off the viaduct on the Bamford Road at Ladybower, 5 or 6 cars.

Tell them we said hi!

:)

Cheers

Antony & Liz

Hope you've had a great day  :)

Well it was a good start because this week Barry had not fetched his 30 or so vintage tractor friends, you will not live it down will you!

WinnatsCrowdecote2014005_zpsbdea9374.jpg

Meeting up at The Strines and waiting for the fog in the valley to clear.

WinnatsCrowdecote2014010_zpsbe6ce0c6.jpg

and the temperature to rise a little.

WinnatsCrowdecote2014011_zps9e6d7f3c.jpg

We have Tricky, Tuonokid Mk1 and Mk2, Adrian, Glen and me now joined by John and Jackie in the Elise (ex Westfield owners until John fell out of the sky)

WinnatsCrowdecote2014014_zpsd5937b38.jpg

We saw a white/light seven style car and waved. I guess that was Antony and Liz?? Maybe they could join us next time???

Passing the Travellers Rest in Hope where there was a MX5 meet. Shame the lights were at red! out came their cameras, and we obliged with smiles and waves. 

We went up the Winnats Pass (video to follow tomorrow) and to the Yonderman cafe which is famous for its fried breakfasts. 

WinnatsCrowdecote2014019_zps9a8b190a.jpg

Then we went and 'did' Crowdecote and made our way to Monyash. This is where Tricky and Adrian left us and we went to The Smithy for more coffee and motorbikes. One of which was a Tuono actually. 

WinnatsCrowdecote2014027_zps6d3b4aba.jpg

Then back to the Strines, going down the Winnats Pass this time, for, you guessed, more coffee. A certain red MX5 appeared with Kev and Jane in again, it's becoming a bit of a habit is this. Kev knew the Caterham owner who shortly after made a very impressive exit -  beat that Barry.

We had another brilliant day out, thanks for the encouragement Martin. Great cars, very funny people and not too many cyclists (last time we went up Winnats with Tricky we filmed it and would have made a good training video of how to overtake cyclists on narrow country roads).

Thanks to all for coming and see you after the holiday. 

Hi Julie and Glenn

Thanks again for the guided tour around Derbyshire, it's just a shame we missed you getting your back end out :-)

Barry

Winnats Pass on film. Note: no sheep and hardly any cyclists, not even many cars, not bad for a sunny Sunday afternoon. Wait till we go mid-week! 

(If I sounds like I hate cyclists, I don't, I am a regular commuter on my cycle, I just don't want them in front of me when I am filming) and I love sheep... with mint sauce.

We were staying at the Castleton caravan club site last year and whilst on the way found that the main road was closed with very poor diversions signed. I ended up driving down the pass with the van on the back. The police car coming up made no adverse comments but it was one of those moments in life which you say to yourself, shouldn't have done that. Anyway no harm done and luckily it was down hill as we wouldn't have made it up.

Lovely scenery and looks excellent for a Westy run out, nice video by the way.

Bob :d :d

• Like 1

Winnats Pass with sound, rather than wind noise.

Barry and Andrew

• Like 1