Actually LOL at a political speech...

John K

Genuinely do not want to take this anywhere politics, I really do think all politicians are much of a muchness, especially in that they are all drab, dull, sycophantic toads and I normally turn off the TV as soon as one of them shows up...

But I was grabbing an early lunch as the TV was on just as 'The Boris' started talking.

And sorry, loath him or love him and forget about the politics, but he is actually a funny guy.

Not many politicians can stand at a lectern waving a house brick over his head and then joking about sending 'weapons grade chillies to India for crowd control'

I would actually pay to hear this guy do a comedy routine...

Perhaps it's good to have a politician who starts out intending to be a clown rather than ones who end up as clowns...

Now hunkering down and waiting for this to get out of hand and for the thread to get locked..!

When I hear them talking, I do wonder why somebody who's only asset is talking bull excrement, is put into such a position within govt, take George Osborne for example, the weight of the countries finances on his shoulder, yet plays into the party v party tit for tat and talks a load of rubbish. It's this that always makes me laugh, but not in a good way.

Boris, people either love him or hate him (I don't like politicians full stop).

He's like the kid that gets rejected from the trendy clique at school and instead of trying to get back in, he tries to make them look like a bunch of idiots.

He's like the kid that gets rejected from the trendy clique at school and instead of trying to get back in, he tries to make them look like a bunch of idiots.

Yes..! Exactly that...

Could be a good St Trinians style movie off the back of that thought...

Yes, Boris is "bonkers" but that's why people like him (or not I guess).

Whether or not he'd make a good PM (assuming he was a "good" MP) is debatable - he certainly would struggle to use that joviality at the UN as I'm sure many around the world would not get his dry (very dry at times) humour.

But yes, he makes me smile with his outbursts and exceptional knowledge of the English language - I think I'd quite like him as a PM  :d

As was said, better to have a clown, rather than someone becoming one.

Most politicians have done nothing else, so are detached from real life, and the union leaders seem no better.  Did you see that the head of the Midwives union is a bloke

Interesting.  It's roughly the same thinking that got Ronald Reagan elected president - deep dissatisfaction with every other politician, desire for radical change, need for lightness after a period of depressing events and bleak outlook, and a sort of disorganised and unspoken rebellion in the nation to send those currently in charge a message (which might also explain UKIP to a degree, except Boris is the more voter-friendly face of rebellion).

Lady Chair once asked me just how on earth Ronald Reagan got elected.  I gave her the above answer, but I also pointed out that people knew they weren't really voting for Reagan but for the policies he stood for and which were executed by his staff.  It's very much like McDonalds - just because the clown's name is over the door, it's highly unlikely he'll be flipping the burgers and frying the chips.

I find Boris both amusing and dangerous in the same breath.  He could well be PM in 2020.  I hope not, but if he keeps politicians on their toes and voters amused, it can't be all bad.

Now here's a really sobering thought for you.  Boris was born in New York City, which means he's an American as well as British.  He is therefore eligble to, if he so wishes, run for president of the USA.  Imagine the possibilities of a fully weaponised Boris globe-trotting and offending every nation and race on the planet - a MegaBoris, if you will.  No corner of the planet would be safe.  Far-fetched?  So was the idea of President Reagan.

Unfortunately news clips only show the daft things Boris says or does, actually he's a very intelligent fellow and does come out with the some serious debate and forward think ideas.  I don't include the Thames estuary airport plan as a viable and serious idea though.

Unfortunately news clips only show the daft things Boris says or does, actually he's a very intelligent fellow and does come out with the some serious debate and forward think ideas.  I don't include the Thames estuary airport plan as a viable and serious idea though.

I may be miss quoting terribly here, but didn't his dad once say something like...

"What would you prefer? A clever man pretending to be a fool, or a fool pretending to be a clever man"

Was his dad referring to Boris, not very supportive, is he?   I would not expect my dad to says things like that about me.

I certainly prefer Boris as a politician to Milliband, he just depresses me.

Ye Gods, President Borris....

Boris's father, who looks quite similar, was once cycling around Kingston-upon-Thames when someone shouted at him, "You t*ss*r!".  Quick as a flash, Boris's father shouted back, "I believe you've mistaken me for my son!". :d

I may be miss quoting terribly here, but didn't his dad once say something like...

"What would you prefer? A clever man pretending to be a fool, or a fool pretending to be a clever man"

I don't think he's a fool, I think his peer try to make him look like a fool.

I'm a qualified electronics engineer and self taught IT geek, I can do literally anything I turn my hand to as long as I have the tools. I've got a 126 IQ, but over half the people I work with think i'm an idiot.

Trouble is that I make anyone (those who get by purely on "gift of the gab" and BS), feel insecure and inadequate, (for as much as I try not to), so they try to discredit me using ad-hominems, many of which are complete fabrications..... Unfortunately idiots only believe other idiots and if idiots are also loud, then all anyone hears is the one opinion.

I think this is EXACTLY the same for Boris, his peers are insecure and they make him look silly in order to discredit anything he ever does well.

Not arguing of course that he knows anything at all about how real people live, I don't think there's a politician on the planet who does.

My cat is called Boris cos he's got fair hair (well, fur anyway), blue eyes, and he's a bit odd too! He doesn't like raw meat like other cats would, but he still catches and eats small furry mammals. Well not shrews, obviously...

Sorry..........

:ph34r:

Boris .................he still catches and eats small furry mammals

You see, this is exactly how the press start to misconstrue the man :d

Come to think of it - perhaps the "Downing Street cat" is really Boris (the man) who turns into a cat and devours other politicians who've turned into mice and shrews (shrews? our cat leaves those alone :barf:  )

ok ok, time for my next therapy session.............  

You see, this is exactly how the press start to misconstrue the man :d

Come to think of it - perhaps the "Downing Street cat" is really Boris (the man) who turns into a cat and devours other politicians who've turned into mice and shrews (shrews? our cat leaves those alone :barf:  )

ok ok, time for my next therapy session.............

Do you have access to any sharp objects..? Have you been hearing any voices..? LOL