Halfords low profile trolley jack on offer

Steve M

Found that I can't get access with my current trolley jack, so I thought I'd shop around for a low entry jack & stumbled across one at Halfords

£15 off too ! Down to £25

Thought I'd share the link

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductMobileDisplay?catalogId=10151&storeId=10001&productId=898893&categoryId=255207&langId=-1

• Like 1

I have that one. Heavy but works well :)

Me too, but I've just had to return mine this week as it started to leak at the handle collar, so not sure what the verdict is going to be once they process it...

• Like 1

Me too, but I've just had to return mine this week as it started to leak at the handle collar, so not sure what the verdict is going to be once they process it...

Funny you should say that because I had to return the first one they sent because it failed to hold up. It would drop an inch in fifteen minutes or thereabouts. This one is fine though. I have an 'Eversure' brand trolley jack that I bought in the 1970s and that only needs new 'O' rings and piston seals to be as good as new after probably forty years. The Halfords £16 one I bought about five years ago was always poorly made rubbish, but it still works though. Being a bit of a 'retainer' I now have three trolley jacks in various states of dis-repair, and three petrol-engined lawnmowers likewise!  :rolleyes:

I bought one of these which is going back today..... Probably my fault, but left the car jacked up overnight (which i have done loads of time with my other halfords jack) only to find the car sat on the floor in the morning. Glad i wasnt under it when it let go.....

Yes, I bought mine yesterday & mine will be going back Monday as it's also losing height after 10 minutes or so

Sounds as if quality control in Zhiandong, or wherever, is less than adequate.  :no:

I'll mend my trusty old Eversure I think...

I got one a mouth ago for £29.95

Working great so far but not left it jacked up longer than a pad change

So thumbs up from me for that price

I got one a mouth ago for £29.95

Working great so far but not left it jacked up longer than a pad change

So thumbs up from me for that price

It does (or at least mine does) drop very slowly under load, if left over night, your car would be on the ground the next morning.

Picked one up yesterday for £25.00, jacked the car up and left it overnight. It stayed up all night, so to speak (sorry moderator).

On the instructions it says air bubbles may get into the hydraulic system during transit and to purge the air you should:

1. Open the release valve counterclockwise.

2. Pump handle rapidly 4 full strokes.

3. Close the valve clockwise and pump handle.

Might be worth a try.

Picked one up yesterday for £25.00, jacked the car up and left it overnight. It stayed up all night, so to speak (sorry moderator).

On the instructions it says air bubbles may get into the hydraulic system during transit and to purge the air you should:

1. Open the release valve counterclockwise.

2. Pump handle rapidly 4 full strokes.

3. Close the valve clockwise and pump handle.

Might be worth a try.

They told me to do that but no improvement.

It's all very well to say use axle stands but when the jack is under the only jacking point (local to where you want to raise the car) provided by the car maker, where do you put the axle stand?