Honister Pass Video

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

Well it's no where near as amazing as the video of Lee's Cosworth at Bedford that was posted by Matta, there were far too many sheep about for any speed, and the damn bus I saw coming from afar but did't know which bend it would turn up on kept my speed down too. Still it was a great road to drive on. I love cycling and do loads of it, so total respect to anyone that has cycled this road!  I haven't!

Honister Pass, up from Buttermere, past Honister slate mine, then down towards Borrowdale, here we go.....

Also here is a picture of the Kirkstone Pass from the top near the Kirkstone Inn.

LakesSept2014005_zps3f81f726.jpg

Well done on colour matching your Westie to the scenery...

That is an epic road, glad you enjoyed it.

and the damn bus I saw coming from afar but did't know which bend it would turn up on kept my speed down too.

I built that damn bus.

Yep some epic roads up there.

Walked, Scrambled etc in the lakes for donkeys years,

Driven all over in hatch, saloon and mini bus

But...

That video really tells me I should get up there with my Westie, it's not far from here after all.

• Like 1